Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

The Speedy Passage of time in the World of Reaper

April 2006? Huh... Must have been for the ReaperCon that year.

I don't really post much; I got away from regular message board visiting a while ago.

Edited by Sharky
  • Like 6

April 9, 2004 for me, its been a long time. I think that's about a month before the first Reaper Con.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 7

image.png.7a60a37482fcc20e4c61429057af7e4b.png

I was in stationed in South Korea, received my first couple CAV miniatures, and my first post (here) was me trying to see if there were any CAV players in San Angelo.  I lived on these boards for several years, even moderated the CAV sub-fora for a while.  I remember why SOON became a dirty word.  I remember the great assault on Mt. Olympus as we lesser beings strove for Godlike status.  My time on the boards started to lessen in 2009 - 2010.  I was getting ready to deploy with a unit I couldn't stand being in.  While I was deployed I didn't have a lot of time to get on.  When I returned I went into a multiyear gaming and painting malaise that several years later I was informed was a symptom of the depression I didn't realize I was going through.  Then I was getting ready to retire from active duty and was having a lot of personal issues.  After I retired came marital issues, counseling, and eventually a divorce.  Once I started having the desire to return to painting and gaming I didn't have time because single dad with a less than amicable relationship with his ex.  Last month I really hit a nostalgia note and actually painted eight miniatures in less than a month's time.  That's probably more miniatures than I've painted in the last 8 years.  Have some big positive life changes coming up, but I'm thinking I may be around more often once more.  If not, I'll at least check in more often than when my kids are with the ex-wife over the holidays.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 10

I'm a relative newcomer, after the very active KS1 comment section hounded me into signing up for the forum. I was pretty active when I was painting minis, err, actively.

66472654_ScreenShot2020-01-30at11_45_20AM.thumb.png.149bbe1b0f47821c9c9f34fb84e649d1.png
(That's a digital painting I made when I was testing out software! And my avatard is my copy of the Mighty Erol Otus' work from Deities&Demigods)

• Like 7