Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Kane

Kane's GURPS Fantasy world PbP

Hey all, 

EDITED

I have attached a document that you can use to help make your characters. If you have any questions you may;

1 post here in this thread

2. PM me here at Reaper forums

3. email me at [email protected] gmail.com. use the tag line GURPS Fantasy so I know it is you. 

Right now I have Kangaroorex Darcstaar maybe one other. 

I have not had any success in recruiting for a GURPS PbP in the past I figured I would give it one more chance.  So is there any interest in playing in a fantasy world using the GURPS rule set? I would have no problem letting in people new to GURPS or even RPGs in general into the game. I would work with the players to create a character, unless they have prior experience with GURPS and they wanted to make their own. it would need final approval by me of course.  I would like to run about 1-2 post per week until everyone gets the 'hang' of it. Well let me know. I will leave this post open until the 11th of January or so, after that I will delete it, if there is no interest. 

PbP Starting Document.pdf

• Like 1

It's too bad you're so far south. We have regular GURPS games here in the big city (KC).   Do you ever drive up for the game cons?  

8 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Are you wedded to the idea of PbP or have you thought about doing a Hangouts/Skype/Twitch/whatever play-by-video game?

I had thought about it, but with the way my schedule at work goes, I rarely have the same day off each week, so a PbP works best for me. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I have never been to any Con, but Reaper Con. I am about two and half to three hours south, so it would be a chore to make it that far more than once a month or so. 

Put KantCon onto your schedule and consider coming up in July.  One or two of the guys I game with usually runs a GURPS scenario, and of course there are a ton of other activities. 

14 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Put KantCon onto your schedule and consider coming up in July.  One or two of the guys I game with usually runs a GURPS scenario, and of course there are a ton of other activities. 

If I can remember, I will look into it. 

Ok, what if I ran this in discord as more of a PbP? I like Discord, but As I have said before with my work schedule I never have the same day off twice and I might work a day shift one day then the night shift the next day. 

I plan on try to take things slow, for anyone who has never played GURPS, but is curious. If you sign up and do not like it you are free to leave. 

I would even be willing to run a one on one game. 

I'de be willing to give it a go.  A random tour through half price books and a bunch of old credits has left me in possesion of a 4th ed rulebook.  I might be able to come up with a second player as well for either discord or pbp.  Let me know about a vauge plot so I can think about char gen and we can go from there 

Have fun with this. I just realized I no longer have the character builder app. when my computer died.

My one experience in fantasy ended up being pretty awesome in a shared world with 3 (!!!) separate parties adventuring (I was playing) and then a spin-off campaign that was run by one of the characters in that earlier campaign. That was essentially a caravan re-opening a trade-route after a mystical threat (I forget really).

That fell apart after one player broke up with his girlfriend, the other two women stopped coming, and that dude started cancelling at the last minute.

The 2 DMs now design 3d print terrain and all the stuff is in that shared world.

I played a little GURPS fantasy in high school, and a fair amount of GURPS Autoduel.  I can PBP with you guys if you want.