Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Getting to know you January 2020

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Good morning 15January 2020, today we salute our illustrious Mascot @buglips*the*goblin!

What is the oldest paint you have in your "bag"?

I have a bunch of Accent acrylic paints I bought from a couple of craft stores that are no longer in business (Ben Franklin's & Franks Nursery & Crafts). The paints date back to the late '80s early '90s. They are still in fine shape & do a splendid job with my minis & such...the paints that is.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 9

40 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Good morning 15January 2020, today we salute our illustrious Mascot @buglips*the*goblin!

Humbrol enamel tins that I bought in either 1969 or 1970. Haven't opened them in years, so they might be tiny hockey pucks, but I still have at least the tins.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I had to ditch everything and start over in the mid 90's so my oldest would be some Testors acrylics in little square bottles.  Haven't seen it in a while, it might be solid by now. 

6 minutes ago, malefactus said:

I have a bunch of Accent acrylic paints I bought from a couple of craft stores that are no longer in business (Ben Franklin's & Franks Garden Supply). The paints date back to the late '80s early '90s. They are still in fine shape & do a splendid job with my minis & such...the paints that is.

I have some of those, too. Accent has great longevity. 

• Like 11

Probably the paints that came with the LTPK1, so 2009 or so. I think the ones in the little pots are probably ruined, but the bottles are still chugging along. 

• Like 11

I gave away a bunch of my older paints to a friend when I upgraded to Pro Paints.  Still have the Pro Paints (2002 time frame IIRC)

The paints I gave away were 80 era Citadel (Orc and Eldar paint set) and Armory paints.

• Like 11

58 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Nothing super old, but I think I have some Reaper paint from the first Bones Kickstarter.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Several bottles of Delta Ceramcoat from way back. They're at least 15 to 20 years old. Most seem to still be in good condition. A few are still in regular rotation. Though mostly for scenery these days. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

I did a major paint purge a year and a half ago when I moved house. Space was going to be limited and there there were so many citadel paints that I was never going to use again, so I gave them to a work colleague whose kid had only recently gotten into Games Workshop. Apparently he was pretty pleased with that haul ::D:

I did keep the old metallics though, including the green one that @Glitterwolf has along with the purple and blue versions. They're still good and were given to me many moons ago by someone who was giving up the hobby. I also have some of the old Pro Paints that I got in a job lot with some minis off of evilbay.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

I might still have an old Ral Partha paint from the early '90's, but no more than one or two. I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

If I don't have that, I believe I still have some ancient flip-tip GW paints from the mid '90's (the tall, hexagonal pots). As above, not 100% sure - They rarely get used, and I have purged some of the least preserved pots from my inventory.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 11

The oldest paint I have is also one of the first I used. Still the same hexagonal black-topped pot. Chestnut ink.

• Like 12

Probably one of these two:

old_paint.jpg.f643b4195a7729fa340352dc2b8f12a1.jpg

Late 90s?

I never bought my GW paint, but I did buy goblin green for....goblins.

I got rid of my Partha paints a couple of years ago but hung on to Plum and Aged Metal since they were key to my Orc Chronopia army.  I was going to finish painting that up a few years ago....think I have an abandoned WIP for it somewhere on here....

• Like 12

Probably one of my Oiled Leather.  The other paints (the ones in pots) went bad.  Love Oiled Leather.

• Like 11

I don't know.  I know it's Reaper MSP.

My first record of my paint collection is in August 2016 and I'm pretty sure I only started it then because I had acquired some duplicates by accident (namely 09083 Highland Moss and 09123 Khaki Highlight).

I have some Testors enamel paints I've had for longer but I don't use them for mini painting (and, in fact, haven't used them at all), so they don't count.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Oldest paint would have to be a set of six paints that came in a GW Goblins of Moria starter set from 10 years ago. They came in a paint set that is one giant piece of plastic with six small "pots", with individual lids. No names on the paints, but probably whatever Citadel paints they were using before they swapped them from the hexagonal pots with black flip-top lids to whatever they use now (when they had Boltgun Metal/Chainmail/Mithril Silver, which I also still have).

• Like 12

On 1/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, Corsair said:

14 January 2020. Today is shouting out to @redambrosia

Did another hobby lead you to this one, or has this one led you to another hobby?

Board gaming an grief ultimately brought me to the hobby.

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

I have a pot of Nuln Oil from when I started painting in 2013. But I have some of the Heavy Gear Reaper paints that I picked up at my FLGS a while ago. Not sure how old those are.

• Like 11