Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Getting to know you January 2020

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Good morning 15January 2020, today we salute our illustrious Mascot @buglips*the*goblin!

What is the oldest paint you have in your "bag"?

Erh.. probably nothing that'll compete. I snaffled some Heavy Gear paints (I think I have Paxton Red, Desert Sand.. a handful of others I don't remember offhand) out of the dollar paint bin one of the times I managed to make it to the Reaper store for the tour, though.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Good morning 15January 2020, today we salute our illustrious Mascot @buglips*the*goblin!

Can't say, but I'm sure it's one of the dozen or so that look similar to these -

20200115_155817.jpg.6e8906bfe2db080b5ad8e74af4040d2c.jpg

Some are mystery paints!

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Are you kidding me?!? You just summoned him, I can't answer that where he'll see it!

(I've got 18 old bottles of Partha paint)

7 hours ago, malefactus said:

I have a bunch of Accent acrylic paints I bought from a couple of craft stores that are no longer in business (Ben Franklin's & Franks Nursery & Crafts). The paints date back to the late '80s early '90s. They are still in fine shape & do a splendid job with my minis & such...the paints that is.

I used to work at Frank's back in high school. I still have a lot of the hobby stuff that I got with my discount while working there, too.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

It is going to be a tin of Humbrol Oil Paint. Maybe named something like Dunkelgrün.

10 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Humbrol enamel tins that I bought in either 1969 or 1970. Haven't opened them in years, so they might be tiny hockey pucks, but I still have at least the tins.

This......

Edited by TGP
  • Like 12

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

For painting miniatures I have some 1985ish Ral Partha paints that might still be usable or good enough for terrain.  Also have some late 80's Citadel Color-a couple of bottles are unopened. :upside:

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

Nothing over 6 years.  Whatever the colors are they would be Vallejo.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

I don't have a paints bag, I put mine on racks! ..Hence why I need more shelves and racks for paints, mine filled up ages ago... 

Oldest is probably some of the Citadel Foundation paints I got as a gift back at Doom In June 2006, as some of them have survives oddly enough.  Actually, it might be some of the fourth gen Citadel paints I have from 2004ish, but I haven't checked those lately to see if they're still alive or totally dead... 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:
5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

(I've got 18 old bottles of Partha paint)

You're just lucky I don't presently know where you live.

Rumour on the street is he needs help packing. ::P:  

• Haha 11

On 1/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, Corsair said:

14 January 2020. Today is shouting out to @redambrosia

Did another hobby lead you to this one, or has this one led you to another hobby?

I had a previous (and sometimes still current) hobby of assembling and painting anime garage kits, which kind of lead to into miniatures, once I realized that I could finish a 3cm figure with *much* less effort than a 20cm one.  Painting the smaller miniatures also freed up my painting skills, since I depended far too much on using an airbrush to paint the larger figures.

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

A box of about 50 Polly Scale paints, circa 1990-1993.  I went through them about 2 years ago, and threw out about 6 that had hardened in the bottle.  The rest are fine, if I can find a use for them.

That does not include the approximately 200 Floquil lacquer paints of various colors, which might be of an even earlier vintage, as I picked them up for about $.10 a bottle in a hobby shop closing sale around 1998-99.  They were old then, still good now, and my great-grandchildren might someday be able to use them, provided that toluene isn’t completely outlawed for private use by then.

• Like 11

Pretty sure my oldest is a unopened pot of Citadel Yellow Glaze.

Games-Workshop-Citadel-Yellow-Glaze-Pain

(Not mine but well it's pretty much the same thing)

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Corsair said:

probably HD yellow. don't know the exact name because it's label wore off

• Like 10