Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Getting to know you January 2020

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

31 January 2020, we made it this month! Today is dedicated to our own @Pezler the Polychromatic

Is there a mini you looked for, for a while, then finally found it?

And Corsair clears the Batter's Box for @Glitterwolf in February!

Latest one was the Cat Dragon in Christmas Tree. I wanted to get that one, but I wasn't able to afford an order due to high bar for free shipping. Fortunately, my friend who owns the FLGS made an order large enough to get one, and gifted it to me for Christmas. It's good to have good friends. ^_^

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

31 January 2020, we made it this month! Today is dedicated to our own @Pezler the Polychromatic

There's been a few over the years mostly older GW minis. Annoyingly a couple of them I paid 2-3 times retail price for because they were OOP and then they got rereleased a little while after I bought them. Now I look at the price of those old minis and wish I'd bought more for resale. Not that that ever works out for me. Buy high, sell low may not be my motto but near enough.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm obsessed with acquiring all the old Dark Horse Robotech minis and have been on the look out for years. I had a few from back in the day, a couple of destroids. Though over the years I've lost a couple pieces. This past December someone was emergency cleaning out their collection and I was able to get all the Veritechs along with random parts of Destroids to complete some of what I'm missing at a really good deal. I'm still in search of an Officer Glaug Pod.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Vacaroja said:

I'm obsessed with acquiring all the old Dark Horse Robotech minis and have been on the look out for years. I had a few from back in the day, a couple of destroids. Though over the years I've lost a couple pieces. This past December someone was emergency cleaning out their collection and I was able to get all the Veritechs along with random parts of Destroids to complete some of what I'm missing at a really good deal. I'm still in search of an Officer Glaug Pod.

Cool, I'd never seen or heard of those before.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Cool, I'd never seen or heard of those before.

I love them because of their size. Not sure their scale, but they're larger than the typical Battletech minis.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

There's nothing I've invested a great deal of time on.  I've picked up a few of the discontinued metal dragons on ebay.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

I kind of lucked into getting the Confrontation Wyvern. I got it really cheap from someone who had given up trying to build the dratted thing. I can understand why though- what kind of sadist makes a metal miniature with wings in two parts each? <_<

Don't worry, @ManvsMini, your offer of help has not been forgotten. I just have to dedicate a couple of days to go through all the many storage boxes. I'm almost certain that it'll be in the last one I look in, obviously :rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 7:59 AM, Corsair said:

24 January 2020 Quizzle! Stay warm @WhiteWulfe

Do you have or had a job that takes you out in the weather, or do you enjoy indoor employment?

I am currently unemployed, but looking for a job. Since job searching no longer requires going outside, I’ll say I enjoy indoor employment.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:55 AM, Corsair said:

Question for 25 January 2020, aaaaand it's @WhiteWulfe today!

Is most of your painting for Army style games, RPG games or individual minis?

and fro the 26th of January, @Kangaroorex

Are you in a game or group that has run long time?

I do RPG and character minis. 

Our core group in Washington played together for the entire 10 years my hubby and I lived together there. We’ve started a new group in Wyoming. Hopefully that’ll last a while.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:09 AM, Corsair said:

Good morning! 27 January 2020, and today's quizzle is dedicated to Pegazus!

Do you ever rummage through loose dice bins to find matching or additional dice?

Yes. I made a set green sparkly dice by determinedly rummaging through the bins until I found all 7 dice.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:57 AM, Corsair said:

28 January 2020 question, today's recipient of note is..... @paintybeard

Have you ever crossed the Equator?

Nope. I’ve only ever been outside of the continental US twice, and that was just to Vancouver BC and Victoria.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:35 AM, Corsair said:

29 January 2020 Question! Dedicated to our Mods, especially MEOW's Representative @Darsc Zacal!

How odl were you when you got into our hobby? Playing, painting, whatever?

Like, 27. I’m pretty sure. That’s how old I was when I met my hubby.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:09 AM, Corsair said:

The question for 30 January 2020, in honor of his croakiness... @Froggy the Great

Do you attend or help out at kid's sports or school activities?

My monster isn’t that old yet. So... not yet?

On 1/31/2020 at 6:09 AM, Corsair said:

Yes, Harapan, the tsunami relief mini from reaper. A fellow for unite ended up giving it to me.

• Like 8

On 1/30/2020 at 8:09 AM, Corsair said:

The question for 30 January 2020, in honor of his croakiness... @Froggy the Great

Do you attend or help out at kid's sports or school activities?

I just saw this, and thank you!

We homeschool, so by definition, I do.  

This includes the intensive course in "Social Algorithmics On The Fly" I mean Magic: The Gathering.  I don't play, but he's pretty good.

• Like 6