Green Stuff World Bogus Copyright Claims

Doug Sundseth

I don't really have a proverbial dog in this fight, but I see something in the images that @ksbsnowowl posted that kind of bothers me.

If I talk about paints around the shop to the guys I know, we all know GW and Vallejo.  Some know P3 or Reaper.  But I've never heard anyone even mention Scale75 or anything to do with Green Stuff World (let alone their paints).  This is completely anecdotal, and may not be representative of any conditions outside my personal experience.

So I've a little problem with GSW claiming that Vallejo is trying to capitalize on GSW's existing branding.  I understand GSW wanting to protect what they've got, and was willing to give them some leeway regarding a bit of over-reach.  But their credibility has been stretched, in my opinion, past the breaking point.

• Like 5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeaaaah, the more that's dug up in this...  The more I'm saddened to see such two-faced behaviour, especially the whole underhanded legal system activity.  The truly annoying thing to me is that, well, I wanted a lot of their products, and some of them I'm rather happy to use (like their sculpter's vaseline, and rollers, and they're a convenient place to get green stuff in a tube) but yeah.  I'm thankful there are other options for some things, like Basius and Basius XL pads that I was considering anyways, but....  Yeah, wow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, strawhat said:

But I've never heard anyone even mention Scale75 or anything to do with Green Stuff World (let alone their paints).  This is completely anecdotal, and may not be representative of any conditions outside my personal experience.

I got the impression that GSW is much better known in Europe. 

• Like 4

I have to say I'm disappointed this happened.  I've only bought a couple of things from GSW but I've always thought they had a great product line.  Lots of things that I haven't seen anywhere else.  I'm going to have to look for alternative makers of similar products but I have a feeling that might be difficult leaving me the choice between holding my nose and buying from GSW or doing without.

• Like 1