Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

What will you be working on in 2020?

Playful answer: I'm planning on opening up more WIPs that I'll wind up ignoring or forgetting about over time. 

Playful but more serious answer: I'm looking towards more activity on several of my current projects, but also wrapping up one, perhaps even two.  I don't really have any specifics just yet, but on the flipside, I do suspect that the following are on my "short" list for work goals... 

- Wyrmgear.  Seriously, I've been at him for quite some time, and I'd love to finish the sculpting and start painting! 

- Both Infinity armies. Yup, mine and hubby's. 

- at least one CAV army painted to completion, probably my Ritterlich, although  ot do those Malvernis minis call to me. 

- some progress on BattleTech minis - I have a box of metals a forum member sent me I want to get built up, primed, and painted!  Then there's the upcoming Kickstarter minis too, so I suspect I'll need to figure out how I'm splitting things, and of course general colour schemes.  Doubly so since the starter set discount at IWM is still valid for another two years, and I kind of want them. 

- Rauthuros!  He's fun, and I'm playing around with various paints.  I'd love to finish him this year.. 

- Minotaur Demon Lord (as well as some of the smaller minotaurs I have!) 

- Both Reaper Kitsunes. Hey, I want to get some of the other minis out there too from various places that are also kitsunes... 

- Ebonwrath, maybe..? Hard to say with him, since I kind of fell out of love with that particular challenge, but maybe it's also all the various things on my desk at the moment instead that's the real issue.  I'll have to figure out a few things and go from there with him. 

- Characters/Heroes from my Skaven.  The horde is probably not the biggest of focuses for me this year, but I do like a lot of the heroes! 

- Something something DropZone and DropFleet Commander, since  I want to get into that too

- Various terrain bits, probsbly in 6mm, 10mm, and 28mm scales because apparently I'm insane and want proper terrain for each scale of game I want to play

There's probably more, but yeah.  In essence, it can be boiled down to "finish current projects and get gaming table going" 

• Like 5

Paint a Bust 

Paint a Sophie 

getting to Reapercon 

finishing a diorama 

----

Skills: 

Flesh and Faces 

TMM 

stippling 

• Like 3

I'm going to paint Ma'al Drakar as D&D's Tiamat. I'm planning to do some conversions to make her look more like the Queen of Evil Dragons. Before I start on her in earnest, I have a few Bones Ogres and other Reaper minis i'm planning to use to familiarize myself with Reaper paints.

I'll do a WIP thread to follow my progress. 

• Like 5

I'm simply looking to increase my output because the "to do" pile keeps growing exponentially while the "finished" pile seems to stay the same size.  It's either that, or I'm doing to have to start turning commissioned work away.  Alternately, I could stop buying stuff for myself . . .  (like that is ever going to happen . . .)

The Egg

• Like 4

I'm sure I'll be doing quite a few minis. But my goal production wise is to finish a dragon a month. I have many, ha. Skill wise, working on TMM because I hate TMM and I don't want to hate it anymore. On the creative front, I want to just be more me and less trying to emulate others. Though that last has never been a huge issue really.

• Like 2

-Compete with at least one mini

-Help my 9yo daughter up her mini painting skills

-Paint a board game mini set, not sure which yet

-Paint more than 2019 (which may have been the most so far)

• Like 2

Painting Battlemechs and playing Battletech.  However, there will most likely be a break at the end of spring to move my girlfriend in.

• Like 3

I'm really just looking to make a dent in my miniature backlog. If I can paint everything from the Bones 4 Lost Valley expansion, I'll consider that a win, but there's a lot more stuff waiting for paint! 

• Like 2

First I have to do a major cleanup so I can actually paint at my paint station.

Then I want to paint what I need to play Rangers of Shadow Deep.

For those unfamiliar it’s a solo miniatures game (that can also be played in co-op) where your Ranger leads a group of companions through a series of different adventures where they gain experience.

The games creator encourages players to use whatever minis and terrain they have at hand, or buy what they need if so inclined.

Originally there were no official minis but now a company is making a small selection of them.

Anyway, I’ve been having a lot of fun going through my Reaper minis and the rest of my collection pulling out things I’ve heard I’ll need for the first few adventures. Now I just need to assemble and paint them.

Its actually got me really keen on getting back into the hobby side of things.

• Like 7

I had gotten very close to getting several smaller jobs done, so when Marthrangul arrived I decided to work on this big beastie!

• Like 2

1# Finish some minis! I got a lot that are sitting in the mostly, or partly done stage.

2# finish some terrain projects.

3# I would like to develop my conversion skills some more.

4# Increase my sci-fi collection.

I really want to get 1 and 2 done. 

• Like 2

I also forgot to mention that another goal for the year is to get the hobby room in the new house set up properly.  I'm sort of half-assing it right now with a jury rigged painting station, etc., but will need to devote some time (when I can spare it) to getting things organized.

The Egg

• Like 2