Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Speed painted chronohounds for Frostgrave

Here are some chronohounds for Frostgrave perilous dark. The description of the beasts is that they are hideous canines. 

87B597FB-718A-41C6-AC51-5080274F58A6.thumb.jpeg.9eb660904747288e8a3926a0e2c6f888.jpeg

My inspiration came from googling “ugliest dog”.  

2125CC6B-0B57-42E9-9F91-28FF5230C7EC.jpeg.3dc65cf2ef763be1812aa6561e778b40.jpeg

Buckyball 

• Like 12

They're all good boys and girls!

The term hideous canine is pure M.E.O.W. Propaganda!

Good job!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Finished after a few delays from a project started in...December 2019, woops, are some more female residents of Frostgrave.  All are from the official range from North Star Miniatures, other than two metal minis they are all built from the Frostgrave Soldiers II and Frostgrave Wizards II boxed sets, though they may have a few accessories from elsewhere (and the Cultists from the Frostgrave Cultists kit.

The two metals: a Barbarian Apothecary and Barbarian Apprentice.

The Cultists:

Just plain Thieves:

Obviously Wizards:

K'ren, Slayer of Managers:

A hero type:

Those who could pass as Townsfolk: a Mule/Porter, an Arcanist/Old Woman, Town Cryer, local guide, and Apothecary/Potion Vendor.

• By EvilJames
      I'm fairly happy with these two, especially how the bases turned out. Other than that, I'm still working on consistent lighting and how top make the picture look good on both the phone and on a monitor. Also I may need to get some sort of air purifier, because the amount of dust that forms and how ridiculously quick it appears, is well... ridiculous!
    • By EvilJames
      Thank you @malefactus for recommending this guy to me so very long ago. He was absolutely perfect for my needs. Now it's just to bad I can't get a game in. 

Hmmm. his one eye looks a bit weird up close. Oh well, on the table he just looks confused. 

I'll need to look up who made him again in a bit, so I can put that info in the title.
    • By Crowley
      Way back in 2016 a new supplement for Frostgrave was released called Forgotten Pacts which was the barbarian supplement. On the cover was a cool wizard riding a woolly rhino. Now they released a resin mini for that figure named Kornovik the Outcast.

I never got that figure, but I did pick up Kargir Tundra Beast Rider 14632 at Reapercon, figuring that would make a decent base for a conversion. So...  I started by cutting Kargir off the Tundra Beast. 

Easy enough. Then what? Well, since this isn't going to be an exact copy, but rather an "inspired by" proxy, I decided that the armored plates along the beast's back were cool, and worth keeping. But it still needs fur. Bring on the greenstuff. Thankfully fur is relatively simple to sculpt. 

Not the best pictures... I also bulked out the beast's belly, mostly to give the fur in the middle (yet to come) something to be supported by. In addition to some more fur, I'm also going to be adding some bags, a bow and quiver, and maybe some tack. Reins especially.

I also need to better trim down the orc belly to fit the barbarian body. Originally I was going to use a Frostgrave barbarian body, but they're too small to convincingly fit with the legs... so off to the Bones box... where I settled on Grundor Hoardtaker 77219.

He basically fits, and once I trim down what's left of the orc body and turn it into a fancy saddle, it'll all blend in pretty well I think. 

More to come! 
    • By Brianuk
      Finished off 9 cavalry figures. They are all kitbashed from the Frostgrave female soldiers and wizards. They have been combined either with Gripping Beast Arab cavalry or with Perry Miniatures late medieval light cavalry or French dragoons. Some of the arms (in particular spear arms) are from the Oathmark elves.

The Frostgrave minis have narrower waists and go well with Perry miniatures and with the gripping beast kit. The Perry napoleonic kit has a lot of blankets and furs on the horses, and the legs are separate to the torsos and have high boots. 

I was scared of painting horses but just went for ultra simple coloured undercoats and washes. 

I need one more lancer to have a unit of 10. May go for a bloke for balance, and to have someone who can tackle spiders and open jars. 

• Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)