Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hard to go wrong with sexy female demons, but this one was a devil in more than one sense of the word from start to finish. Despite being cast in metal she is pretty fragile. The trident broke off and for years she sat in my box of unpainted figs, until one day I found the little pointy bit. Her tail, likewise, kept bending and i was sure I'd lose that too.
Did her skin with the Bright Skin triad, because that's been waiting patiently for years as well. Her face is a mess, but overall she came out ok.
Hello everyone, here are pictures of a dragon I completed Yesterday. This is a Ral Partha 10-463, T'Char Dragon of The Flame and Fury sculpted by Sandra Garrity in 1992. I bought this model in 1993 and assembled it in 1995. It has been on a shelf all these years. It’s a pleasure to see it finally painted. This amazing sculpt is 175mm tall, almost 7 inches at the top of the wings. The original model comes with a nice base around which I added more rocks and branches. I made the flames with Liquitex heavy gel and 3d printed a 125mm wide base to complete the vignette. Nowadays, this 12-piece dragon is still available from Iron Wind Metals. I painted it exclusively with Reaper MSP paint.
Here’s the list of colors I used;
I received this little 3D print with some minis I bought near the beginning of me getting back into painting. I looked at it and thought it was soooo cool. Now that months have gone by and I've got more of an eye for things I like and don't like, it became immediately apparent that this thing had a number of flaws.
1. 3D print left that weird topographic build quality to it.
2. The paint has a weird time adhering to it because of the lines in the model
3. The size of it is WAY out of proportion for 28mm, unless those are actual full size trees and this is a campfire for giants.
Overall it's just not a very good model. Yet, it was something that was sitting there calling me out and needed to get painted. I'll find some use for it, but I honestly think it came out pretty decent. I used a Stormy Grey from MSP on the rocks w/ GW Agrax Earthshade. On the wood I used a chocolate brown and brown sand mix (leftover on the palette...just went for it) with a GW Sepia Wash. Then I used flat red inside the burning log, highlighted up with a lemon yellow and flat red mix, then highlighted again with lemon yellow. Then dotted with white. The log was a little on the light side after the first wash, so I took Nuln Oil to it and dulled it down, which worked and gave it that more dark colored effect. The whole thing looks like it's actually warm when I'm looking at it, so the effect worked! I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just gotta find an ogre or giant to put it with....
Who's Online 20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)