I think the bikes are done.

20201017_IMG_1125.jpg.e2df37e28bfb558f4a8f242001780c54.jpg

I'll give them a once over before sealing them.

Just need to finish up the bases and do final assembly (oh and find the flight pegs so I can do final assembly...I know I put them somewhere safe.....:blink:).

• Like 8

Speeder bikes finished!

20201019_IMG_1128.jpg.9ccbb7b68685990b14723f4a895cc888.jpg

A few things I'll do a bit different with the other two I have (whenever I get to them, they are way down on the list) but they are all together and ready to play tomorrow.

• Like 10

Trees might be tomorrow night....see how their first game goes :poke:

Gave a start to a Snowtrooper.

20201019_IMG_1130.jpg.b42deff9ac56c9db0359541537e825c6.jpg

Trying to keep things quick but we'll see how it goes.  Just a quick watered down Soft Tone wash over the cloth (most shots in Ep. V the cloth material was definitely not really white...this may be a bit too far off for my liking, we'll see.....).  Normal Black and the Black Metal for the gun so far.  And the white got its Apothecary White contrast paint.

Play with it some more tomorrow.

• Like 7

I always wondered how one could still pull a trigger with such heavy gloves.

The Snowtrooper looks good I'm sure he will make the Emperor proud.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

With all the skill and accuracy for which Imperial troopers are known throughout the galaxy....

Last night I determined Creamy Ivory was a good match for cleaning up the cloth.  And that it would be easier to do the contrast paint and initial drybrush on the armor before doing the cloth, so I got the contrast paint slopped on the remaining troopers.

20201021_IMG_1135.jpg.4a3dbb564a553f7a37adffb9b203423e.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Russian Mosin Nagants have a long trigger pull with a stronger pull right before it goes off for that very reason. 
Snow troopers are looking good!

Edited by Standifer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Initial drybrush of the Snowtrooper armor with Stormtrooper Armor done.

And an initial basecoat of black on the weapons.  At least this is the only black I need to paint next to white on these guys.

20201021_IMG_1136.jpg.12fcc9f63dbfef75ea66dd64bd3dbbdd.jpg

I'll do the metals on the guns before I bother cleaning up the random black marks that need fixing.....

• Like 7

Remembered the E-web crew, which I hadn't assembled yet, are snowtroopers so I should paint them at the same time, so assembled these two during a conference call today.

20201022_IMG_1140.jpg.9f60c3caa51d850fc06c5554bfee38e7.jpg

Then I got a message from the FLGS that my other box of snowtroopers had come in so I have these to assemble:

20201022_IMG_1143.thumb.jpg.321f22eeb4fdeb26ce7d48ce35c01b8c.jpg

And tonight I painted the base metals on the weapons on all 6, then touched up the white on the right 3.

20201022_IMG_1145.jpg.1ec7e621e82dfa23580bfcd2d75aabc0.jpg

At that point my eyes were getting tired so I figured I should stop before I made a mess.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Remembered the E-web crew, which I hadn't assembled yet, are snowtroopers so I should paint them at the same time, so assembled these two during a conference call today.

20201022_IMG_1140.jpg.9f60c3caa51d850fc06c5554bfee38e7.jpg

Ok the one with the E-Web grips is kind funny in this stage. It's like he's attempting to insert a shaped block or something into a hole. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Didn't get any painting done over the weekend but I did watch two battle reports for Legion, and cleaned up mold lines on these guys while doing that.

20201026_IMG_1153.jpg.5b03c638f7ac66203b155c924c699298.jpg

I'm hoping to get the first unit finished this week, but we'll see how much painting time I get, since I'm on call this week.

• Like 6

D&D ran late tonight so I didn't get to paint, but I had lots of time to prep more figures.  Cleaned mold lines on a unit of Scout Troopers, and box of Stormtroopers and part of the two units of Stormtroopers from the second starter box (they are bagged with the two identical models from each unit together so while I prepped 5 figs from those it was two from one unit and 3 from the other one.)

Here's everything I have ready for gluing and pins.

20201026_IMG_1155.jpg.d783796d169e741cef9ac55caaee7a1f.jpg

I'm planning to leave some arms loose to make painting a bit easier. The sockets are good enough that they should hold for priming.

I'll putter at the rest of the Storms and then get them ready for priming all at once.

Hopefully back to painting Snowtroopers tomorrow.

• Like 6

Got a little painting done this evening. (Had to paint early if I was going to, I have to do some work stuff from around 11 pm until....it's done...ugh).

20201027_IMG_1167.jpg.1d28d4b79eb097ce1d325f0fb4bd75f7.jpg

Nuln Oil on the guns.  Some touchups on the white (I of course noticed a few more that need doing after....). And then the Soft Tone wash on the cloth.

And then I had a bit of time, so I found 7 different bases (I only have two left primed from the first pack...time to get another pack of them ready this weekend).

Got a couple of coats of grey on them and an initial pass on the white bits.

Hoping to have these guys done for next week's game.

• Like 5