Decided to do the black bits on the Stormtroopers.

20200125_IMG_0021.thumb.jpg.fcd603fb77589c5b18a297985bf3bef2.jpg

This was probably the wrong choice, as my brush control was crap, so there will be more clean up than I'd like.

Probably should have gone with painting random camo on CAVs.  Hard to mess up random.....

Ah well, next up will be basecoating weapons, then all the white cleanup.

• Like 11

Did a bunch of assembly tonight.

20200125_IMG_0023.thumb.jpg.b091eea0314b09b61ba309dddac10965.jpg

Glued together squad #2 of Stormtroopers.  Then cleaned up and glued the squad of Scouts. The arm holding the binoculars isn't glued, it stays fine and makes it close to impossible to do his face, so I'll glue it after.

I also assembled and glued the first of the 4 Stormtroopers from the Upgrade Expansion I picked up the other day.  He's back left, in front of the black bottle.

I found some more corks so I'll pin the feet on a bunch the next assembly session when I do the other three Stormtroopers.

• Like 11

So I tried painting the other night at 10:30 or so at night.  Turns out that is WAY too late in the day for me to be trying to paint white next to black ....

So I tackled them this afternoon instead.  Started to touch up the armor, then realized I should really get the weapons and such done before I bother starting the white touchups.

So instead I did guns and holsters and a first coat on that backpack.

20200201_IMG_0061.thumb.jpg.1e9a4737f963bd06e512194cc7cb8771.jpg

I'll do the black wash on the guns this evening (likely) and look at the black and see if it needs any work.  Should decide if I'm putting a colour on that shoulder thingy too....

• Like 10

Well, life kept me from doing work last night (wasn't really in the mood for 6 hours of driving but you know, kids....).

So second coat on the black bits, black wash an a bit of highlighting on the weapons.

And started on the pauldron.  Noticed I had "Sandtrooper Pauldron" in the Imperial paint set (I think, could have been the core set).  It seems to go on very transparent, so I grabbed one of the browns I'm using on my Terran CAVs (P3 Gun Corps Brown) and put down a base of that over the black.  In the pick there is one layer of the orange, but it will need a couple more coats I think.

20200202_IMG_0063.thumb.jpg.e0866c8b178f6c8c847492af2f4943c7.jpg

I also found some nice pictures of premium bases painted that give me some ideas, so I may get some of them ready to prime.  Might get to a batch of spraying stuff tonight.

• Like 13

On 2/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Looking great!  My favorite Stormtrooper pose is “Southpaw”.

I like that one too, since I'm a lefty.  Not sure why a clone would be a different hand than the rest though......

Painted some today. Didn't bother with a pic as all it was was cleaning up white where I got black on it (and vice versa) so they look the same from a distance.  Still have to do the helmets, and then another pass to highlight up so spots.
I also gave all the ones I've prepped a wash and cleaned up and washed a 32 pack of bases.  I'll probably wait until tomorrow evening to prime them all to make sure they are dry.

• Like 2