LE GASP! I'm on time!

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/89750-2020-rpchallenge-informationquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 8!

Bonus Challenge: The First!

Hindsight! - OK let's be obvious, you SAW this coming. *rimshot* paint a miniature with glasses!

Bonus Challenge: The Second!

Our annual favorite challenge returns. February Fingerpaint! 
Pick a miniature that is NOT terrain.

This is pretty self explanatory. 
Nobrush.jpg.22f33c2a125bbe58b196ce097bccd9b1.jpg

Hard Mode Challenge!
February holds "National Margarita Day" and often hand-in-hand with the tropical drink, is gaudy 'Aloha' clothing! Paint a mini if your choice where the majority of the exposed surface must be free-handed in the mannerism of such! Yes that's a lot of freehand.
(I honestly just wanna see someone paint a slime covered in freehanded palm trees >.>)

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter

• Like 9
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll bite. I haven't started painting yet this year. I have a 25 gallon crate of unpainted minis. I'm running a mini-heavy Pathfinder game. I have a half-converted griffon-rider on my desk. I can't call him 'gray' but I might call him a Dim Warden ::P: Wait that sounds bad. Hmm... :ph34r:

Le List:

[blank]

[also blank]

[totally gonna put things here guys]

Edited by NebulousMissy
links, yo
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

I'm back, hoping to get back on track with actually getting stuff painted (I only completed 3 figures last year :down:).

Targets:

• Terran CAVs.  I have 10 at various stages of painting. I'm hoping to get some of those completed.
  • Star Wars Legion: just started prepping some Stormtroopers. Hopefully will get somewhere with those
  • 3D printed stuff.  I have two large totes of 10mm Sci-Fi terrain plus several 28mm vehicles. Hoping to get something painted.

And what actually happened:

• Still no CAVs completed, but they are closer to finished.
  • I actually completed a unit of Stormtroopers.
  • I printed yet more things to paint.  I tested Badger's 3D Prime.  Nothing got painted.

So I missed the goal, as I only got 7 figures painted.
But I did get something painted at least.  So I'll be adding one to the goal for March-April.

Edited by Jasper_the_2nd
  • Like 7

So, I am finishing my campaign over the next couple of weeks and want to have appropriate minis for the final encounters.  I'll have to look and see what exactly I need, but a Dracolich and Death Knights, Archmages and a Pit Fiend are needed for sure.  Good place to start I guess.

• Like 5
On 1/3/2020 at 9:50 PM, NomadZeke said:

LE GASP! I'm on time!

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/89750-2020-rpchallenge-informationquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 8!

Is there a giant big or anything enough to count as eight, I forget. 

Bonus Challenge: The First!

Hindsight! - OK let's be obvious, you SAW this coming. *rimshot* paint a miniature with glasses!

There is a very small chance I have a figure with goggles... maybe. How about SciFi looking wrap-around Eyewear?

Bonus Challenge: The Second!

Our annual favorite challenge returns. February Fingerpaint! 
Pick a miniature that is NOT terrain.

This is pretty self explanatory. 
Nobrush.jpg.22f33c2a125bbe58b196ce097bccd9b1.jpg

Which is it? No brushes or Fingers must smear paint ?

Hard Mode Challenge!
February holds "National Margarita Day" and often hand-in-hand with the tropical drink, is gaudy 'Aloha' clothing! Paint a mini if your choice where the majority of the exposed surface must be free-handed in the mannerism of such! Yes that's a lot of freehand.

I just flat don’t ^ understand this one well enough to ask a question. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TGP said:

Is there a giant big or anything enough to count as eight, I forget. 

There is a very small chance I have a figure with goggles... maybe. How about SciFi looking wrap-around Eyewear?

Which is it? No brushes or Fingers must smear paint ?

I just flat don’t ^ understand this one well enough to ask a question. 

Reaper makes a number of giants, and dragons that i would count as multiple figures for purposes of this challenge. 

I would count sci-fi goggles as "glasses". 

I think the last one is supposed to include something that looks like this: 

Image result for hawaiian shirt

• Like 2

Informational post has rough sizes-equivilancies, if you have a specific figure in mind for clarification, please post in that thread.

No brushes, air or otherwise, the entire figure must be fingerpainted ^_^ Primer? That's why there's brush-on, in this case, fingerpaint on. You can take advantage of thinned paint to flow as you want it, but application of the paint to the figure must be done using your fingers.
Goggles will count as glasses for purposes of this challenge.

And yeah, that or any other type of similar patternish. A google search of "aloha style shirts" will give you a plethora of images.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 2

1. Secret Sophie mini (1)

2. Upcycled batwoman statue (1)

3. Crates (2)

4. Raft (1)

5. Armoire (1)

6. Armoire mimic (1)

7. Treeman (2)

8. Firbolg Archer (1)

9. Chibi rats (4)

10. Crate mimic (1)

Jan./Feb.: 15/8

YTD: 15/8

((Saving the below for later so I don't forget)) 

March:

1. Ashana (2)

2. Dragonborn cleric (1)

3. Countess Carmilla Deville (1)

4. Warg (1) 

5. Dreadmere Hunter (1)

April:

1. Ice elemental (1)

2. Sculpted turtle (1)

3. Yeti shaman (1)

4. Kitsune fighter (1)

5. Chibi zombie (1)