Elliwyn Heatherlark - Gnome Bard 77164

After the rather involved Vlad project I thought of painting something a tad less complicated. 

I chose Elliwyn Heatherlark, the Bones version that is. It is a simple conversion with a weapon swap, new sheath and ultimately a cut-off monster head in her hand. 

I will go heavy on weathering and signs of recent battle to contrast the diminutive appearance of Elliwyn. 

So far I finished the green overcoat and her face.  Army Painter Glistening Blood Effect came in handy. I also tried to add a subtle texture to the overcoat. 

C&C as always welcome. IMG_20200105_010121.thumb.jpg.edab109c97cb2d120aa75500f8bd4712.jpgIMG_20200105_010221.thumb.jpg.b73b4dddfd04feb24db2cbf424f1c846.jpg

• Like 19

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put some more time into her and changed my head plans: The Gnoll would always face down, so I will go for an orc head with dreadlocks or something. Maybe something Predator like. Other than that worked more on the metals and the leather. I want to highlight the face a tad more and add freckles. 

IMG_20200113_235003.jpg

IMG_20200113_235126.jpg

• Like 11

I decided to give my Gnome fighter a slightly more exotic monster in its hand: a Nure-onna,  basically a snake with a human head. I will add long hair and then it is finished.

So no Orc head. I think this is a bit more interesting and also adds stability to the miniature, as the chopped of part rests on the base. 

IMG_20200122_092402.jpg

IMG_20200122_092323.jpg

• Like 9

Getting to the finishing line with the Nure-onna. I added some hair yesterday, but might add more volume. I think the creature turned out suitably grotesque and disturbing. I think I might sculpt  a living one,  too. Maybe even from scratch. 

The colour scheme will be interesting. Black hair with green scales and skin or maybe red scales and skin? 

IMG_20200123_002504.jpg

IMG_20200123_002634.jpg

IMG_20200123_002607.jpg

• Like 12

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaper folks!

Tonight another Stonehaven Miniatures figure, a Gnome Ranger with a crossbow.  A fun and quite petite figure and the funnest part of this was was choosing hair color, hope you guys like him!

Really starting to get into painting Stonehaven, some very fun and expressive figures, full of personality!

• By 72moonglum
      In a world where an entire player race seems to have been mostly overlooked throughout the years, Stonehaven Miniatures created a Kickstarter that was oriented mostly for the fine folk, and made a bunch of different gnome characters, male and female, cast in metal.  Here are two of them that I've recently finished, a Gnome Paladin and a Gnome Scout:

These are some really small miniatures, and as I finally was able to photograph them I could see a few spots that I could probably improve upon them, but being that these are just for fun and enjoyable, I think I'm happy where I am with them.  

The hair on them is a little bit outside of the natural realm of color, not your typical blonde, black, brown or red.  I sent an email to the sculptor Mike Evans and asked him how he imagined his gnomes, with natural color hair or more fantasy colors and he said bright colors, so I kind of followed that idea with these two.  

I still live in that past of the old D & D description which talked about them having skin the color or wood and either blonde or white hair, but I'm trying to move away from that pretty old concept.  I've seen art for gnomes in other newer D&D books and they are certainly more vibrant than before

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy them!
    • By jwitham75
      Painted as a deep gnome in the Underdark.

• By Lidless Eye
      Another fun project from Midlam, this time Gnome and Halfling Children.

Unlike most of their previous projects, they're having multiple stretch goals.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/gnome-and-halfling-children/description

Story

Most Halfling children (or Quarterlings) lead a happy carefree existence in the sleepy backwaters of the halfling lands, in preparation for their happy care free adulthood that they will spend in those same lands. 
      Gnome Children (or Gnomelings) generally play around their Gnome hill homes, told not to go too far, but equally, not to hang around inside the hill getting in everyone's way.
      Quarterlings and Gnomelings
      Welcome to our latest project, where we bring you the much anticipated junior Gnomes and Halflings!  These compliment Midlam Miniatures' large and growing range of Adult Gnomes and Halflings.  Here you can back one, the other, or both sets!
      Stretch Goal Levels #1 - #3 Unlocked!

Stretch Goals
      Unlike most of our Kickstarters which offer 1 or perhaps 2 miniatures, we are going to add a Halfling and Gnome Child miniature for ever £1000 we reach, until the classes are empty and we have run out of miniatures.  Some stretch goal miniatures might be  bigger than others and may count as two stretch goals (over £2000) due to their size and weight.

• By Sanael
      My first, and hopefully not only, mini completed in 2022!

Gabby, here, is a perfect sculpt for one of my favorite NPCs. I absolutely love Christine’s absurdly characterful, nicely detailed sculpts.

Hyacinth “Cindy” Dabblethwaite is the middle child of the halfling family behind Dabblethwaite’s Fine Teas, and the champion of the underground bare knuckle fight ring her otherwise very proper family runs in the cellars of their tea house.