Maledrakh's B4Core #144: Iconic Shaman

Maledrakh

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

(...). It is just a pity she is so overburdened by details. 

This. 

That they are rather busy is one aspect I am not too enthused about most of the Pathfinder Iconics. I don't think it is the sculpting (which I think is solid craftsmanship on these minis) that is the problem, but rather that they are hidebound by the illustrations they are based on that dictate the busy-ness. 

I have not seen the lizard's head as being hand-puppety, but I cannot unsee it now. On the other hand (sic!), many lizards do look like they just have slits for mouths when closed.

• Like 2

I have this one on my table and was looking over some art for inspiration.  I think that cape is actually chain mail armor based on the illustration and the prepaint.  I do like what you've done with it.

I agree...the little lines that you painted in on the cape seem to do a nice job hiding the qc issues (at least, in the photograph). There's a lot here that I like, but the eyes and the surrounding shadow are BY FAR my favorite element. It's done so subtlety, but it immediately captures the viewer's attention.