Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So I’ve been burning through resin for the past few weeks. Been focusing on busts as my collection of unpainted minis is... impressive. I should be painting those, but... Other than my airbrush exploding on me (paint bubbling up through the trigger), this guy hasn’t taken much time yet.
Got this from Fotis Mint on Patreon along with a bunch of other ones.
Printed with a mix of regular clear Elegoo resin mixed with clear red ABS-like Elegoo, about 70/30.
Primed with Vallejo black primer then base coated with Reaper Coal Black (my new favourite black!!) with a drop of Minitaire Green ghost tint to help enhance the green hue.
he then got a bib and I hit his face with Reaper Mist Green mixed with some white with a lighter (much more white than Most Green) highlight.
i then glossed up the face with some varnish.
His face then got some washes. Old GW Ogryn Flesh thinned down all over, Vallejo Model Wash Dark Green on the skin and Minitaire Fresh Blood Ghost Tint on the lips and teeth.
The crown then got a base coat of Reaper Scorched Metal.
Apparently I didn’t take shots of it, but I then mat coated it and cleaned up the black around the face.
Tonight I’ll bring the skin back to an almost pure white, leaving the washes in the cracks and I’ll get his mouth done.
The crown is a more silver colour in the comics but I’m planning on sponging lighter metallics on to give it a less pristine look. The leather will be relatively plain as I want the face to stand out, but it will get some highlights and buckles picked out.
Thanks for looking.
A dreaded sight on the field of battle the mighty Draconian chargers strike fear into the hearts of all their foes as they barrel down upon them to trample them into the earth.
This my triceratops knight conversion. The Triceratops is a WizKids Nolzurs marvelous miniature, while the rider is from a Reaper bones black overlord cavalry.
I use admit that this is my largest conversion yet and i got to learn several new skills in doing this.
Thankyou all for looking!
I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:
But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now.
I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base.
I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.
Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!
Two more members of my hill giant tribe, obviously the one on the left is the original. The one on the right has a totally seamless hair piece (!) and obviously a modified club based on one stolen from another giant. He also has a slightly more upright stance which required an extension of his furs and was probably more trouble than the effect is worth, to be honest.
Following a couple trials to print these (really I was looking for things to print with the clear green resin and Necrons sprung to mind) I managed to get a good set of 6 printed up. Then the idea skittered across my brain that I should put a light in them...
So I have started painting them in the stereotypical dark+metal+green and picked up a small box of LEDs along with a coupe switches.
Here’s the group shot.
A bit of Reaper Coal Black and some Vallejo Copper. They need at least another coat.
Test with a green LED held inside.
Once they get a bit more paint on them, I’ll build up some bases to hide the following bits in them.
Hoping to get another coat of paint on them later tonight along with the start of some edge highlights, but I’m solo-parenting so we’ll see how the evening goes.
For now, it’s time to take the kids to their music lessons.
Thanks for looking.
Who's Online 18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)