Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

January free mini of the month

Is it anyone else's perception that this figure is supposed to be some kind of catfolk?

Jen's paintjob is beautiful, but the face, the green protrusions from the top of her head (which look like ears), the clawed fingers and even the feet look more feline to me.

She could be, but wasn't she the Bonehenge faction mini last ReaperCon?  Personally I see leaves more than flowers, although it wouldn't take much modification to remove the flowers and enhance the details to be more cat-like.  

• Like 2

She is the Bonehenge iconic from Reapercon 2016.  Her description calls her a witch, but the tags also include druid.  I say if you see a cat, run with it.

• Like 3

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. But is there a place to review the choices for January Free minis before we actually goo to check-out. Im just curious to see whats there.

AJ

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

She is the Bonehenge iconic from Reapercon 2016.  Her description calls her a witch, but the tags also include druid.  I say if you see a cat, run with it.

I have the figure from attending, in metal. I've  never looked at it that closely. I was studying the paintjob on the home page and she struck me as feline or at least shifter-ish.

• Like 2

The arachno-assassin!! It's nice to see Reaper finally embracing us forcing the 'we love ed sculpts' into their culture.

• Like 3

Looks to be metal. I must say I appreciate Reaper continuing this trend  despite not  having a new like Bones black or Dungeon Dwellers to promote... and giving a choice .. even more Kudos.

That being said, I'm gonna wait to see what Feb brings... Christmas just wiped out my discretionary Budget :(

• Like 2

I never thought this before but I went to have a look at the painted figure on the homepage and I totally see what you are seeing! I believe I have a metal and a Bones of this little lady and I am now going to have to paint one as a cat woman.

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Are those metal minis?    

They look like it, at least.

7 hours ago, amuller33 said:

Looks to be metal. I must say I appreciate Reaper continuing this trend  despite not  having a new like Bones black or Dungeon Dwellers to promote... and giving a choice .. even more Kudos.

That being said, I'm gonna wait to see what Feb brings... Christmas just wiped out my discretionary Budget :(

Yes, they are all from either Dark Heaven or 2 Warlord ( crypt bat, reptus mage & zombie master) & 1 from Chronoscope (Prospector Pete) line up. The only new one is the barbarian that was released this month.

• Like 4

I like the new approach, this prevents winding up with three times the same mini.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like the new approach, this prevents winding up with three times the same mini.

Thou last month I wanted to end up with the same ones as id have more uses fit the maggotcrown ogre vs say the female genie.

Really for me, it comes down to not having to put a order in every month.  Which im fine with. 

• Like 4