Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

January free mini of the month

A while back, when I read about this promotion, I misread and thought people would be able to choose from the previously offered Bones Black promos - not a set of metal minis.

D'oh!

Last month's Djinn slipped through my fingers!

On 1/7/2020 at 4:52 AM, haldir said:

Thou last month I wanted to end up with the same ones as id have more uses fit the maggotcrown ogre vs say the female genie.

Really for me, it comes down to not having to put a order in every month.  Which im fine with. 

Meh, not feeling it this month.

Which bodes not well for this promotion.

When the excitement is being able to ignore the promotion. Excitement over not being excited? <_<

I wish they had stuck to the Bones Black promotion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Meh, not feeling it this month.

Which bodes not well for this promotion.

When the excitement is being able to ignore the promotion. Excitement over not being excited? <_<

I wish they had stuck to the Bones Black promotion.

Seems they can't make either camp happy - a number of people were, uhm, vocal about the loss of metal minis as monthly freebies last year... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Seems they can't make either camp happy - a number of people were, uhm, vocal about the loss of metal minis as monthly freebies last year... 

Freebies are freebies.

Which isn't to say that I don't understand the frustration when they don't tickle one's fancy, but of all things to get upset about I've a much longer list of more serious things.

The bright side of not being enthused about the freebies, though, is that it's easier to put that money toward the Kickstarter.

• Like 7

So, how does this work from a FLGS perspective? When my GS placed their monthly Reaper order, they received a certain number of Bones Black. What is going to happen now?

Any ideas ?

Reverend Shartan

14 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

So, how does this work from a FLGS perspective? When my GS placed their monthly Reaper order, they received a certain number of Bones Black. What is going to happen now?

Any ideas ?

Reverend Shartan

Generally they get to choose upon checkout, if they dont choose any, then they get "That months mini" which for Jan, is 4006. :)

• Thanks 2

@Reaper_Jon Is there any way to tell which mini in the group will roll off the list next, so that folks can prioritize selections of 'free' figures with their monthly orders?

On 1/12/2020 at 12:48 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

I got sucked into the 2018 monthly metal promotions, and the 2019 Bones Black promotions about equally. I guess they could always offer a mixed option, where people could choose between a free Bones, Bones Black or metal mini each month. That might do it. A choice between 3 minis, one from each material. They could even throw in a "color of the month" option if they want to cover paint addicts. Although that might be going overboard. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

If I understood Ron correctly, each month the "outside" mins would be changed.

Yes that is what he said.  So there will be 78 minis in the promotion. 12+11+.....+1

• Like 2

On 1/12/2020 at 1:04 PM, strawhat said:

The bright side of not being enthused about the freebies, though, is that it's easier to put that money toward the Kickstarter.

This is true.

I can cut down on my $40+ per month orders and kick a little more toward the Kickstarter now.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 8:18 AM, Gadgetman! said:

and I'm going to buy a micro vertical mill for what I'm saving...

Thus proving my point.

A promotion is supposed to drive sales.

If it doesn't then it has failed as a promotion.

The Anniversary promo may have been the best in that regard, we made twelve purchases, to get ALL of them. Not my favorite promo, but the most effective.

The Dungeon Dwellers we went for MOST of them, and at least loked forward to seeingthe new one each month. I THINK this was hubby's favorite. And they all got painted as soon as they came in. The brocolli with a shield was a recurring nuisance in the Crimson Throne game. Lawful Jackass.

Bones Black was an outlier, we DIDN'T try for all of them, but there were a few we got multiples of, mostly the big guys and gals, we have THREE efreets, and a fourth from Bones 4. Maybe not the most effective, but my favorite.

Could be that it is just the January offerings that disappoint me, but our monthly nerd stuff order went someplace else for January.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Thanks 1

I have 4 of the Efreet, 4 of Tara, and a few of the other females also. 

I got so many because to get the special minis you usually have to order from the US site, and shipping across the pond is expensive, so I haven't bothered with orders less than at least $80 to somewhat offset it. 

But since this month's offer is something I can skip(any awesome females in there can be bought at any time if I don't already have them), I'm going for something I've wanted for a long time; a Sherline 5510 vertical mill. (just shipping for that is $250... )  

Unless Reaper comes up with a really, really good offer, such as recasts of 01599, the 12" resin cast of Sophie, I probably won't have to live on bread and water the rest of the year...  

• Thanks 1