Sign in to follow this  
haldir

DropTop by DrTabletop

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/droptop/droptop-by-drtabletop?ref=thanks-recommendations

This came up after I pledged for the new EC3D campaign. It looks interesting thou I'm not sure how comfortable it is or since when I use a dropper bottle, I use the standard Vallejo-Reaper-Army Painter-whoever bottle style. Squeezing the body vs the tip. Granted you can't squeeze GW bottles. I may or may not back this one just for curiosity sake.

fyi, Instar paints has a line of Citadel-matching paints, including OOP colors, sold in droppers. The color matching is on their website, which I'm not linking because of Reaper forum policies.

You can find reviews of their paints with a Google search. : https://www.google.com/search?q=instar+paint+review&oq=instar+paint+review&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i60j69i61j69i60.4057j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by ced1106

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Reaper Bottles are $3.69 for 3, the lower pledges of this KS is $2 per bottletop.   

Or you can get 15ml Boston Round dropper bottles, with spouts and caps, for around 3/$1US from US Plastics (in quantity).

Of course decanting from pots to bottles is annoying, and you really want to make labels when you do it, so they're not quite a direct comparison. (I've done this, and it's not impossible, just tedious.)

If I had GW paint, I might consider it, but I'm not sure I'd want to spend even more for GW paint, though, ::):

• Like 2

The GW labels actually come off very well and moving them to a Reaper bottle or other is quite easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zemjw
      Not figure related, but hopefully of use to folks wanting to generate characters and backstory

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rdpsyche/reckless-deck-psyche

Way over funded and 21 days to go.
    • By aku-chan
      Twisted are returning to Kickstarter soon, it's still in the teasing stage at the moment but there should be more details next week.

Since their first Kickstarter wrapped up pretty dang late (even by usual Kickstarter standards), I'm hoping they've learnt a few lessons and keep this one fairly small and manageable.
    • By Inarah
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crosslances/the-scenic-library-3d-printable

"Crosslances is an artistic reality consolidated for many years, we have dedicated ourselves very often to model making and playing miniatures in 28/32mm scale.
      This time, however, we want to launch a completely different project, an absolute novelty, our original idea.
      In fact, we want to make available to you these fantastic sculptures of ours, which can be printed directly at home, painted and placed inside your bookshelves to obtain stunning effects!"

• By Marc
      Coming soon!

The Scarlet Citadel Kickstarter from Kobold Press. 

This is the old school, mega dungeon you've been waiting for!

And, it will be of particular interest to folks here, because one of the things the Scarlet Citadel Kickstarter will offer are a set of beautiful, poster-sized, table-ready battle maps to play on (and use all our awesome minis on! :)

Be sure to click the link below to be alerted the moment this goes live!
      https://koboldpress.com/kickstarters/

• By Rat13
      At the moment I'm not exactly starved for projects (I've actually got a long list taped to my desk), but what I really wanted was something quick and easy. Luckily one of the projects on that list fit the bill perfectly so my third Imperial Guard joke squad has started. 

Unlike my "Fabulous" squad or even my Tau defectors this is a more nuanced joke. Instead of painting battle hardened Cadiens I'll be painting a squad of the Planetary Defense Force. GW lore is a funny thing whenever comparisons are made as any player can tell you. So while the Imperial Guard especially the Cadiens are "elite" warriors completely at home on the battlefield the Planetary Defense Forces are easily killed cannon fodder living the cushy good life on Imperial worlds. The PDF act as peacekeepers and the first line of defense during any attack and they usually end up dying in droves (not unlike the actual Guard). 

The only real difference at least on the actual tabletop will come down to color scheme. I've decided a peacekeeper's color scheme would work well and I've come up with two options. 
      I think I prefer the blue tunic with the grey armor, but the reverse could work too. I figure I'll just sleep on it and decide tomorrow with fresh eyes, but I'm open to any thoughts/ideas.
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)