Sign in to follow this  
Crissair

Owlbear 44001

First time painting anything with feathers. Learned what I liked and what I will do different when I get another as part of Bones V. Any feedback would be appreciated

27BC3525-A645-4331-B046-0D413E97B9D9.jpeg

391808A9-0D60-4F75-9D10-858B6B0C1021.jpeg

20D32B4D-571B-4890-9350-EF8298D1B584.jpeg

• Like 16

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Here is the owlbear from Bones IV - it will do. I was going for the Eurasian Pygmy Owl, being as it's a small owlbear....

• By MusicalFeline
      So, I recently purchased the "Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments Monsters Paint Set". Came with a bunch of Army Painter washes and paints and yadda yadda yadda...

But it also came with this neat Owlbear mini, which is what I have to share with you guys today!

First eyes I ever successfully painted. But in my defense, I'd only ever tried on minis with smallish eyes, which was NOT the brightest idea I'd ever had. The left eye turned out really good in my opinion, but the right one was a bit messy.

I also need to do so me touch-up work on the base. I got a bit careless with the wash, and uh... Yeeeeah.

Lastly and leastly, I didn't upload an outdoor picture as I usually do. That'll probably come later, provided I don't forget. 

• By Maledrakh
      Doing the Young Owlbear made me want to do this old one as well.
      This owlbear is the O.G. owlbear off the very first of the Reaper Bones kickstarters. It always was a bit weird and extra insane looking, quite different from other owlbears I have seen.
      Also it was droopy and askew on it's base. I drilled into the leg from under the base and inserted a long rod to keep it stiff and keeping the talons off the ground.  Straightened that c***er out,. Far too much as it turned out. So I glued the original base to the new one at an angle. Maybe the angle  should have been even steeper as it is a bit up in the air.
      At any rate, insane-looking owlbear = joker = clown = parrot. Time to break out the Napoleonic colours.

It's pining for the fjords! Beautiful plumage, esquire!

Polly wanna Cracker!

77156 Owlbear
      Bones 1 Core set, 2012
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base.
      available from reapermini.com

• By Maledrakh
      One of my favorite monsters out of the D&D-sphere is the Beholder Owlbear. I mean. Half owl, half bear. all insane murder monster screaming though the woods looking like a fluffy snugglebunny. Free Hugs!

In the Bones 4 core set, there was what I presume must be a juvenile fledgling, chick or cub (what would the term be?) It looks a bit small and scraggly and has what seems to be underdeveloped wingarms, especially when compared to other Owlbears by Reaper.

#6 Owlbear:

So I painted it as a Great Horned Owl's fledgling, which in general are lighter in colouration until their chick-down falls off during moulting. I have some larger owlbears that will be this one's parents. When I get around to painting them that is.

You said there would be hot chicks here! This is not what I thought you meant!

#6 Owlbear
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      40mm base.
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)