Sign in to follow this  
ReaperAHawk

ReaperCon 2020 Hotels

Hotel reservation link for ReaperCon 2020 will go live on January 10th, 2020 NOON cst on ReaperCon.com and on facebook.com/ReaperCon. We will also post it here on this forum thread.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center
3100 Town Center Trail, Denton, Texas, 76201 
940-243-3799  

Guests can book rooms for your block by calling the hotel directly at 940-243-3799 and referencing the RCon 2020 Reaper Miniatures rate, or booking online.

Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group:

Booking Linkhttps://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/es/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=DFWNTES&spec_plan=CESRC0&arrival=20200902&departure=20200906&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel: Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center
Group Name: RCon 2020 Reaper Min
Arrival Date: September 2, 2020
Departure Date: September 6, 2020
Room rate per night:  $123 

Please note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly  
Rates are good 3 days before and after ReaperCon 2020

Overflow Hotel: 

Fairfield by Marriott
2900 W. University Drive, Denton, TX 76201  
(940) 384-1700

Event Summary:

Reaper conference

Start Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2020

End Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Last Day to Book: Monday, August 10, 2020

Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:

• Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton for 99 USD per night

Book your group rate for Reaper conference

Edited by ReaperAHawk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

When I try to book through the link, I get " The requested rate is not available for 02 Sep 2020 - 07 Sep 2020 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center."  Is it sold out already?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leolson79 said:

When I try to book through the link, I get " The requested rate is not available for 02 Sep 2020 - 07 Sep 2020 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center."  Is it sold out already?

ReaperAHawk said this in another thread:

Posted 13 hours ago
Hi Y'all!

We are sorry that all our blocks of rooms at the Embassy Suites sold out in one hour. This has never happened before....we usually have a couple of months before they all sell out.  We were just as surprised today, but happy so many of you are so excited for ReaperCon 2020!!

With that said, the popularity of our show has increased every year immensely. That just means we are going to have a fantastic show and I hope everyone can make it. If we are able to get a new room block contract going with Embassy Suites, then we will let everyone know. We are working on it.

As for now, we do have a overflow hotel at the Fairfield hotel that will have shuttles running. The link to book with that hotel has been posted on all social medias as well as ReaperCon 2020 hotel thread.

We will try our hardest to monitor any questions/concerns on the forums and social media regarding hotels, but as always you can email us at [email protected]

• Like 4

Wow.  That was... completely unexpected.  Totally missed that.  I mean... it's awesome for ReaperCon in general, but since it took a couple months last year to sell out, I figured waiting a day would be ok.  Hopefully, they're able to get another block opened up.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

I'd keep checking back periodically.  I know last year that there were some people who booked rooms, not sure if they were going to be able to make it, and then canceled latter.  So there is always a chance that rooms in the block will open up at a later date.

• Like 3

So, I’m a total noob, but how does one get tickets to the con? I went to the con site, and I can’t find a way to do that.

Sheesh, amazing about Embassy Suites already booked. 

• Like 1

Con memberships won't be sold for awhile yet. Reaper might have a day that they're planning to start sales, but if so I don't think they've announced it anywhere.

Also, they've typically sold con memberships first, then some time after that, opened up class ticket sales. The latter presumably won't happen until after they've actually asked for class submissions from their teachers, which also won't happen for some time.

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FireImp said:

Sheesh, amazing about Embassy Suites already booked. 

Yes.  We were suspicious it might sell out quicker than normal, but one hour was something else.  I just hope the con's growth doesn't come at the cost of its cozy feel.  So far it hasn't.  

• Like 5

Bear in mind, too, we have no idea how many rooms were in that initial block. Might have only been 20 or 50 rooms, and that would go fast. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

...  I just hope the con's growth doesn't come at the cost of its cozy feel.  So far it hasn't.  

Success can become a liability.  I don't see RC losing its easy-going vibe, but, if another 500 to 1,000 folks appear, there will be some deterioration of that "cozy feel".

I'm involved with a national convention being held locally here this year and we're estimating 250 attendees.  At an Embassy Suites hotel.  If it goes beyond 300, we may have issues.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

Success can become a liability.  I don't see RC losing its easy-going vibe, but, if another 500 to 1,000 folks appear, there will be some deterioration of that "cozy feel".

I'm involved with a national convention being held locally here this year and we're estimating 250 attendees.  At an Embassy Suites hotel.  If it goes beyond 300, we may have issues.

The Embassy Suites in Denton only has ~300 rooms.   It stands to reason that 500-1000 attendees is going to leave some folks without a room on site, and many doubling up. 

• Like 2

While I want the Con hotel I decided to check the Fairfield just in case. It's out now too.....::(:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hope, and I have no way of knowing either way, that the size of the room block at Embassy wasn't negatively impacted by the choice to also have a block at Fairfield for overflow. I know many would rather be on-site. My friends, who are trying to get a room, won't consider coming if they can't get a room in the block at Embassy. The Fairfield is not even an option they'll consider. It's on-site or nothing. It would just be awful if the block at Embassy was made smaller than normal in order to add the rooms at the Fairfield. But, I have no way of knowing and perhaps that's not the case.

• Like 1

I was as surprised as anyone that the housing blocks filled up so fast. For the time being, the Embassy still appears to have rooms available outside the block at a significantly higher rate. :unsure:

• Like 2