ReaperAHawk

ReaperCon 2020 Hotels

So am I. I feel like it's going to be total luck if I get one, though. I can't babysit this or the Reapercon site while at work.

• Like 2

I punted and got a reservation at a hotel across the street for half price... yeah it isn't quite as convenient as 'stumble upstairs and faceplant' but it beats commuting from home.

• Like 3

Have you considered making a reservation now and waiting for another block to open, then switching to it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Have you considered making a reservation now and waiting for another block to open, then switching to it?

I thought about this morning & even got to the point of putting in credit card number. Even with my Hilton members , the price is like 1500 (thou 750 split with a roomie). I think I'll hold off right now. Hopefully there is a new block & they give people a chance to get in on it vs springing up on us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I thought about this morning & even got to the point of putting in credit card number. Even with my Hilton members , the price is like 1500 (thou 750 split with a roomie). I think I'll hold off right now. Hopefully there is a new block & they give people a chance to get in on it vs springing up on us.

i hope we get some heads up first so people can be prepared. those at work lost out last time, so maybe make it at a time where people who work during hte day can actually have a chance to attend the Con too

• Like 6

I just tried the link, and the only rooms available at the con price are from Sunday the 6th to Saturday the 12th, which is the week after ReaperCon. 

:huh:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

I actually did that, but the flexible rate (i.e. cancel at no cost) was just over $200 per night, which is steep.

• Like 2

I'm afraid they are gonna announce a new block & I'll be asleep when it happens.......(problems with having a graveyard job). Sucks is I was at my computer when they opened the first block up but I fell asleep & when I woke up, thought nothing of it & went upstairs to bed for a nap.

Ok, I did reserve a room at the Fairfield, but if there is a new block at the Hilton, I'm jumping on that. I'll announce when I drop out so people here get the op to reserve @ the Fairfield, if they want it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I just tried the link, and the only rooms available at the con price are from Sunday the 6th to Saturday the 12th, which is the week after ReaperCon. 

Huzzah! 

Weird

Yea a lot of us missed out on the rooms. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

This is what I see when I click the link. It says Sept. 1 - 8 valid dates for Con rate

image.thumb.png.675f8f6ced9e024083c7e27c162d99ff.png

• Like 1

So the con center still has rooms, just not on the block.  Heres the difference:

block price: $129

non-block price: $274

hard pass for me.  I got i to one of the last rooms at the Fairfield for the con price of $99 by calling them directly.  

• Like 1

@ReaperAHawk  this is what is showing on the Hilton site you originally linked to: 

reapr1.thumb.jpg.13e32edf82f28c5140da2c1a8809c3a1.jpg

The dates Sept 6-12 clearly marked as RCON 2020 rate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

@ReaperAHawk  this is what is showing on the Hilton site you originally linked to: 

reapr1.thumb.jpg.13e32edf82f28c5140da2c1a8809c3a1.jpg

The dates Sept 6-12 clearly marked as RCON 2020 rate.  .

All of our rooms for the ReaperCon rate at the Embassy suites are sold out.  We are sorry. There may still be rooms available at the Fairfield

Edited by ReaperAHawk
  • Like 2