ReaperAHawk

ReaperCon 2020 Hotels

On 1/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, ReaperAHawk said:

Usually near the registration desk is a table of food coupons and restaurants that will deliver to the hotel/DCC (Denton Convention Center)....Along with the obvious DoorDash, Grubhub and UberEats services that will deliver to DCC. Also I did eat at the Asian Fusion food truck last year and it was delicious. I believe he will be returning this year as will another food truck (not yet decided) for lunch.

Thanks. We appreciate the time it takes to put that together. We used a few of the coupons last year.  Looking forward to trying the food truck.  What I saw people bring back from it looked delicious. 

• Like 3

Still holding out for more rooms at the Embassy. We have ours, but our friends (first-time potential attendee couple with a toddler) have decided that they will not go unless they have an on-site room. And they're not willing to pay hundreds extra for a room not in the block. It's really sad, because I would love to share the experience with them this year. But, I completely understand that having a toddler and all the accoutrement that entails, plus nap times, is just too difficult to have to deal with when you have to get on a shuttle to get to where you're staying. Their little girl is darling, but I don't blame them for wanting the convenience without the extra cost. 

Edited to add: They were ready and informed about time the block would go on sale. By the time he could call out of work to book, the rooms were gone.

Edited by Dicey
  • Sad 3

Let me make an appeal.

In another hobby, at its annual convention, held at at different place each year, a phenomenon has surfaced over the last 5-6 years.  The con hotel releases its rooms: they are gone in 2-3 days.  Then, about 10-12 days before the con, folks begin to release the rooms -- because they booked a hotel room without actually having committed to attend the con.  And in case they later decided to attend.

Wait-listed hopefuls are called and offered the now free rooms ... but the short notice prevents the person being offered the room from attending.  And/or the room being offered is sometimes only offered at a non-Convention rate.  This will not apply to ReaperCon, but the other con's sponsors have been heard, each year, worrying whether they will get enough room nights, after a wave of cancellations, to make their contracted minimum room nights with the hotel.  I was wait-listed twice -- in South Carolina and Tennessee -- but, after the late offer of a con hotel room, could not attend. 

My appeal?

If you're not near positive you'll attend ReaperCon or you learned you can't attend, and have booked a room, please cancel it as soon as possible.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Highlander said:

If you're not near positive you'll attend ReaperCon or you learned you can't attend, and have booked a room, please cancel it as soon as possible.

One reason why I click the link at least once per day, just in case some backs out. Hopefully Reaper can get a anther block & it doesn't go as fast as the first. Again, I've attended RCon enough that I know I want to be at the hotel where the Con is. Just more convenient to me & my roommate.

• Like 3

Despite our best efforts, we are unable to secure additional rooms at the Embassy Suites for our Attendees with the ReaperCon rate. There are 2 other events that weekend and the hotel is booked.

We are still actively looking to acquire ReaperCon rates with other affiliate hotels in the area. The Fairfield, the Best Western and now working with La Quinta to give you the best price for ReaperCon 2020.

We look forward to seeing all of you at ReaperCon this year....it looks as though it will be the best one yet!

If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at [email protected]

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

18 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

Despite our best efforts, we are unable to secure additional rooms at the Embassy Suites for our Attendees with the ReaperCon rate. There are 2 other events that weekend and the hotel is booked.

We are still actively looking to acquire ReaperCon rates with other affiliate hotels in the area. The Fairfield, the Best Western and now working with La Quinta to give you the best price for ReaperCon 2020.

We look forward to seeing all of you at ReaperCon this year....it looks as though it will be the best one yet!

If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at [email protected]

That's a bummer.  Hopefully, Embassy will just give ReaperCon the whole thing in 2021.  It seems pretty clear that RC can fill it without much trouble.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leolson79 said:

That's a bummer.  Hopefully, Embassy will just give ReaperCon the whole thing in 2021.  It seems pretty clear that RC can fill it without much trouble.

We pretty much have the whole thing now. The Embassy Suites only has 300 rooms

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

We pretty much have the whole thing now. The Embassy Suites only has 300 rooms

Even if we managed to pack in 4 people per room and got all 300 rooms, that’s still below last year’s attendance!

Can you divulge how many rooms were in the ReaperCon block? Just curious how much of the hotel we actually are taking.

Can we move a couple of hotels into the parking lot to make up the difference?

/Purple text=joking for those not familiar with the forum culture.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Excellent question.

Shuttles are only available to take parties to the Reaper Dungeons for more miniature acquisitions; all other shuttle uses are prohibited by the bylaws of the miniature painting codex.

(I have no actual knowledge and am just making a joke)

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Will there be shuttles between the off-site hotels and the Embassy Suites?  If so, how late will they run?

Yes, for the Fairfield and the Best Western. Not sure yet on La Quinta. 

I don't have the schedule for shuttles ironed out just yet, but working on it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

We are very excited to announce another affiliate hotel for ReaperCon 2020 : LaQuinta - University Drive, Denton, TX

ReaperCon rate $84 nightly

Call directly (940)808-0444 or book online at: http://www.wyndhamhotels.com/laquinta

Once online, enter the city "Denton, TX", pick your dates and how many rooms/guests. Then click "special rate" button to enter the group code "CGREAP"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like the Embassy suites will need to add another tower like the Hilton is here.  We'll have an additional 100 rooms for Origins eventually that is attached directly to the convention space.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1