Sign in to follow this  
ReaperAHawk

ReaperCon 2020 Hotels

Just a heads up for folks booked at the Embassy under the full rate (like me), the RC rate is actually still available for Wednesday night.  If your reservation includes the night of Wednesday the 2nd, you can call the Embassy and they can split your reservation such that you're paying the RC rate for the first night, and the regular rate for the rest.  It saved me about $70.  It's not a huge amount, but that's $70 I can put toward something else now.  Just make sure that when they modify the original reservation to shorten it a day, they still give you whatever rate you originally booked at.  My room was around $195/night when I booked, and when they changed it to add the RC rate for the first night, the rate jumped to $233/night for the rest.  After a couple of panicked phone calls, I was able to get it straightened out.  Hopefully this can help ease the strain on other folks' wallets, like it did mine.  Plus, now I can "officially" say that I'm staying at the Embassy for ReaperCon, so hopefully no worries about the swag bag.

P.S. For those wondering, I was assured that while I will have to check out and check back in, I will be able to get the same room and I won't have to move my stuff around.  Time will tell how that pans out.

Edited by leolson79
Additional info
  • Like 5

Rate for Monday is great alas, the times are no where near what I'd be using. Depending on the airline, I'm either to early for human kind hours of the day or way late in the afternoon. Still a great deal for anyone that needs to use it.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, OmenKitten said:

If you book outside of the room block at full price, are you still able to receive a Hotel swag bag?

I booked at regular rates last year and my whole family got swag bags - well, not the dog. She sucks at painting anyway though.

Edited by rubegon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, rubegon said:

well, not the dog. She sucks at painting anyway though.

Maybe you should sign her up for classes? 

• Haha 5