Making of - Brinewind Doxies

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very glad you got these.  They really fit your style.  

7 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Impertinent suggestion. To me the hand holding the tankard is a bit dull. Instead how about her making a "come to me" gesture?

43459351.jpg.a3d5409171ae4c4405805b765208a661.jpg

Somehow I think that fits with the cheeky grin Ms Collier has given her.

But that would give her the exact same pose as Reapers current human Doxy:

Townsfolk: Strumpet

I like that mug since it means she could also fit in the bar scene as either a patron, a doxie working the bar, or a flirtatious barmaid.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

The competition is brutal in that field of work!

I have that human one,...I want to paint her as a Vampire.

Come here boy, let me give you a night you'll never forget.

Don't be shy, I don't bite..well maybe a little...hehhehehe

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

The competition is brutal in that field of work!

I have that human one,...I want to paint her as a Vampire.

Come here boy, let me give you a night you'll never forget.

Don't be shy, I don't bite..well maybe a little...hehhehehe

That would be awesome! She's a great figure!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I like that mug since it means she could also fit in the bar scene as either a patron, a doxie working the bar, or a flirtatious barmaid.

I didn't think it mattered if she had the same pose as the current doxie, until I read this. 

Yes on the mug, please. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'd forgotten her. A sort of subliminal recall?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way - it's hard to add a description other than "I love her personality" without potentially going in directions one didn't intend, due to it being text.  In short, I like her, a LOT.  Definitely seems the type equally at home there, or perhaps even adventuring.  ^_^;;;

She looks all sorts of things... Playful, flirty, inviting, that slight bit of exotic danger... Alongside the noticeable (yet diverted due to that smile and her stance) aura that she could just outright beat the tar out of you with a single swing, leaving you on your back several feet behind where you had been standing if you decide to try and get out of line... 

Or, in other words, I am very much so looking forward to painting her, and I'm not usually one to go for the female minis (they aren't my thing typically unless something about them jumps right out at me).  This one?  She's kind of got that "reaching through the screen, grabbing my shirt and demanding to be painted" kind of vibe because boy do I love her personality and how there can be so much story to her! 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6

This is great! You managed to get sexy / flirty with big tusks, amazing. Good job on the whole character so far, makes me sad I'm not picking this expansion, but maybe when they get to retail I'll nitpick a few interesting characters out. This might be one of those :) 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way - it's hard to add a description other than "I love her personality" without potentially going in directions one didn't intend, due to it being text.  In short, I like her, a LOT.  Definitely seems the type equally at home there, or perhaps even adventuring.  ^_^;;;

She looks all sorts of things... Playful, flirty, inviting, that slight bit of exotic danger... Alongside the noticeable (yet diverted due to that smile and her stance) aura that she could just outright beat the tar out of you with a single swing, leaving you on your back several feet behind where you had been standing if you decide to try and get out of line... 

Or, in other words, I am very much so looking forward to painting her, and I'm not usually one to go for the female minis (they aren't my thing typically unless something about them jumps right out at me).  This one?  She's kind of got that "reaching through the screen, grabbing my shirt and demanding to be painted" kind of vibe because boy do I love her personality and how there can be so much story to her! 

WOW, thank you!!!
We had discussed losing the tusks altogether just for logistical reasons but I really wanted to make it work. I think they add so much more dimension to her personality. As you said, the exotic danger, the twinge of sour to the presentation of sweetness that eludes to a more complex character. I'm really glad that the intent is coming through and that we were able to make it work logistically. 
I cannot WAIT to see all the different interpretations painters bring to her.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1