Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By ManvsMini
      So anyone who follows my planned goals for hobbying/painting in the Speed Painting subforum knows that I don't fair very well when it comes to monthly goals; I barely got one month's goal done last year. So this year I've decided to give myself a bit of leeway: an entire year to try to complete five hobby goals from 25 possibilities. The idea was inspired from Rob Hawkins' blog, that I've sporadically read for a few years.
       

       
      I've tried to tailor my card to areas in which I typically struggle yet still retain some fun, as well as to make sure that no path to victory is entirely easy for me. Given that I finished no models last year, this should still prove quite a challenge for me.
       
      A couple squares are time sensitive goals. To provide myself with a bit more incentive, I've decided to incorporate some health goals into the mix should I fail to achieve them. For example, if I'm attempting the assembly of 10 model in under a week, however many models I fall short by equals a number of physical exercises. I'm looking forward to it (both the exercise and getting through some of my stash).
       
      I'll do my best to post here so you all can keep me honest. Don't be afraid to ask me about my progress!
       
      -MvM
    • By Darcstaar
      Well, while I let Devona dry, I’ll switch gears to a mini off the shelf of waiting...
       

       
      The plan is for an ice ogre, with blue-gray skin.
    • By Peithetairos
      To complement my Ent I wanted to sculpt a small toad man. None of yhe available miniatures really fit the bill, so I started from  scratch. 
       

       
       

       
      After bulking out the body with greenstuff and milliput (to make it less bendy)  I made good progress with the skin texture. The combination of micro beads, poppy seeds and super glue applicator tube produced a really nice warty skin texture. 
       

       

       

       
      Next are the arms and legs. He will be a plain toad, only a hand weapon will be added inspired by Polynesian arms. 
    • By rubegon
      I haven’t been on the forum much this year.  Since joining Anne Foerster’s Patreon I’ve been spending more time on Discord.
       
      I’ve been painting this guy following the paintalong she’s done for one of the tiers.  It’s the first time I’ve tried to do a “display quality” paint job.  Other firsts are NMM, freehand, leather texture, cloth texture, and sculpted base elements.
       
      I actually started this guy early this year, but then stopped painting altogether for about 4 months after the pandemic started.  I picked him back up in July and am getting close to finishing.  I’m posting a series of pics I’ve taken as I went, and will continue to post as I finish him up soon.

      Feb 29: prepped and primed, with some minor GS work

       
      Mar 1:  base GS sculpting

       
      — LONG BREAK —
       
      Aug 2:  skin lined, basecoated, and shaded


       
      Aug 6:  skin initial highlights

       
    • By Rahz
      Another 3D print that I’m working on, this time a big one.  I’ve shied away from buying/printing dragons for the most part as I have a ton of amazing Reaper ones still to paint (or finish... ) but this one was a freebie of sorts from one of the creators I follow on Patreon.  
       
      In keeping with my clear resin tricks, I whipped up the base really quickly and then stalled on how I was going to paint the actual dragon...  oops!  
       


       
      I masked off the crystals and plugged the holes for the feet and primed it with a mix of brown and grey Vallejo primers, drybrushed it with a tan followed by a tan mixed with white and then it got a series of Vallejo model washes (green, grey and dark brown).  I then peeled off the mask and gave the crystals a quick coat with Tamiya Clear Green.  
       
      For the actual dragon, the plan now is to paint the heavier scales like the base with the softer belly and flesh being brown.  
       

       

       

       

       
      Like my recent plague doctor bust, I masked his eyes so they will be the same green as the crystals on his base.  I toyed with putting a light in his head as well, but seems to be doing that to everything all of a sudden, and skipped it.  
       
      in case you’re wondering about the pink, that’s what mixing the Vallejo red and grey primers did. The base was that colour before the drybrush and washes. 
       
      Hoping to get some more work on the brown and get the drybrush done on his scales this weekend.  That’s going to be a lot of drybrushing!! 
       
      Thanks for looking.  
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 3 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...