Jahenna (Bones IV Version, based on 03730 Jahenna, Female Vampire)

Dr Boom

Jahenna was originally intended to play a role in my Carrion Crown adventures but even after the vampire fest that is Ashes at Dawn I never quite needed her. This is a shame because she's such a fabulous sculpt. Since she'd had been taken out of the Bones Box, she can't go back so I thought I'd use her as an experiment in painting sheer fabric. Still a little rough and chalky, but I learnt a few lessons which should have me in good stead when I try again.

JahennaBones03Forum.thumb.jpg.503fad35ce9c0713fca05005a35c4693.jpg

JahennaBones01Forum.thumb.jpg.c86f401aed87c1be3961dfb070407c90.jpgJahennaBones02Forum.thumb.jpg.aa254eaf9902d0f5bd11b8bc1e794528.jpg

(I'll take advice on whether the sheerness of that fabric makes it not safe for the forum)

Edited by Dr Boom
  • Like 18

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looks nice, I think you could push it even further.

About the chalky paint, it could mean you should thin it more, or the water is too hard and you could use a different medium

Thanks for that. If anything the highlight paint was possibly a bit too thin and kept pooling in the wrong places. Might investigate the water hardness option. Since I mainly use citadel paints I'll try thinning with a bit of Lahmian Medium.

Edited by Dr Boom
  • Like 1