MORE CAV

rhino-tamer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right out of the box - with 5k to play with, one full section of Superiority, one of Support, one of Scout, on section of Gunships, 2 of tanks, and flesh with Infantry and if there's still room 1 Superheavy, for good measure. Which models you fill the ections with are really ersonal taste, model availability (You can't put a Starhawk, a Mantis, a 70's Dictator, and a Gladiator 2 in a section if you don;t have any of them) - that's my opinion

:)

And enough for the other guy to take 12 whisper missiles and enough random CAV or tanks to take care of any Rhino that actually survives 3 whispers. :poke:

I'd take one section of heavy-hitters, one of indirect support, 1-2 of gunships, 1 section of dedicated soft-killers (my current fav is Sabres and Sabretooth - it can fight a damaged CAV if it has to, but it excels at hunting down gunships), and 1-2 of infantry.

Unless you know the terrain will be fairly dense, I would avoid most superheavy CAV - they're slow, and if you deploy them in the wrong area, they may never see enough combat to justify their points.

A bunch of infantry with AT-23's and heavy mortars. A couple sections of Banshee tanks ( chieftain models ) A good heavy superiority CAV section with Wight's and Starhawk V's and Mantis's, maybe a Sabretooth but the infantry and tanks can do the job of a Sabretooth. Ghasts or Harpy's. Maybe a Whisper or two. A Conqueror is great for the indirect mission. Maybe a Lynx or two to haul the infantry around.

Try to balance your force between hard and soft killers. I found that infantry armed with single AT-23's and single heavy mortars are great for hard AND soft targets.

With only 5K to play with I would stay away from the Rhino's and Ogre's and Mastadon's.

Just my personal preferences.

yeah I found my list I have some of this stuff I have some I don't

#1:Rhino 2Mantis Gladiater

#2:Starhawk5 Challenger 2Soverein

#3: swear I did not copy you)3Sabres Sabretooth

#4&5:3inf. w/ hvy wpns 1lynx

#6:2Tsuisekis 2Ghast

I'd put the Starhawk with the Maintis's and the Challenger and the Rhino with the Sovs. and the Gladiator.

the rest looks fine.

Again, just my personal preference. ::):

And enough for the other guy to take 12 whisper missiles

Throw in some Rippers and we'll have a party :bday: . Here's a new suggestion for rhino-tamer's 5,000 point force: 12 Whisper missles, 7 ripper missiles, and a stand of infantry to stand around and say "Let God sort 'em out!"

Sure there's no way it would win, but just imagine the :blink: on your opponent's face.

Nice Leech, though you really want to see the look on your opponents face, 5000 points of infantry and transports!!!

soviet infantry style, throw enough grunts at them and something's gona die!!!

Patrick "Mad Pat" Haughton

Nice Leech, though you really want to see the look on your opponents face, 5000 points of infantry and transports!!!

soviet infantry style, throw enough grunts at them and something's gona die!!!

Patrick "Mad Pat" Haughton

Yeah...mostly the grunts...

:down: No one cares about us poor bloody grunts