Sign in to follow this  
Gantrell

02182 Gantrell's Giant Scorpion

Crazy good!  I really like the dark red accented by the white, really makes it pop.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've painted this one before and it wasn't easy. As you mentioned, the assembly with the legs was a real pain. Nice job though, interesting to look at in a different color scheme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonaas33
      Painted this dwarf after he inspired me to write a D&D adventure.  It's a really cool fig with plenty of neat little details.  Comments and critiques are always welcome!  Thanks in advance!

• By Inarah
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/claudiagallery/norse-godesses-miniatures

"I have great admiration for the Norse mythology, and I find the style behind this culture fascinating. So, I decided that my third Kickstarter project should be related to this style that I admire so much. On this opportunity, I will present some characters to you that I hold very dear. These Norse Goddesses are among my most recent personal creation, and I hope you like them as much as I do."

• By Katiepult
      Like the post title states this is a set called Agamemnon and the Minotaur by Northumbrian Tin Soldier. I’m not all that good with photo skills so it’s rather hard to see that I did the Minotaur in a black & white milk cow theme.

Fun model though and goes back to the 80s cult classic Time Bandits (I really need to watch that movie again).

• By Brianuk
      I am really enjoying Rangers of Shadow Deep as a solo play experience. I am currently painting up the opponents and some rangers for the Across the Wastes adventure. 

These are all Reaper, about 50/50 Bones or metal. Lots of drybrushing again. The scorpions are just dark grey spray, washed in black, with drops of 'orc blood" from Green Stuff World used as venom. I also used some foam clay to make rocks for the scorpion bases. 

• By Russell
      This is another bogle for Monster Blood Tattoo though it happens to look a lot like an especially large werewolf.

First the sculpt:  Although fur is often difficult to clean the parting line on this one was largely invisible to begin with.  

Second the paint:  It lent itself to a simple drybrush, but I've gone for such dark colors it doesn't show up in the photo.

Third the question:  I just glued it to a round base today and can't decide how I should finish the base.  It's going to be used in tabletop skirmish games so it doesn't need anything fancy.  I just can't decide between gluing on sand and little rocks, applying resin sand gel, or using Apoxie Sculpt to build up the circular base to the level of the stock base.  Opinions?  Pros & cons?

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)