Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's 77477 Hobgoblin Veteran

So I needed a break from all the Bones 4 minis. And dug into the Bones 3 stash for variations sake.

I found one of my old modules -The Village of Hommlet, and spent some time reading. Ah, The Moathouse! Brings back memories!

And I got inspired to do the Bandits from the Bones 3 Stoneskull expansion, as they were similar in style to the ones I recently painted. And to flesh out the band, I added a couple of other Bones 3 minis that were in the same drawer, and that I thought might fit in a band of robbers.

One quick paint job later:

200113-reaper-bones-3-77477-hobgoblin-ve 200113-reaper-bones-3-77477-hobgoblin-ve 200113-reaper-bones-3-77477-hobgoblin-ve 200113-reaper-bones-3-77477-hobgoblin-ve 200113-reaper-bones-3-77477-hobgoblin-ve

This one is from the "Hobgobageddon" subset in the Bones 3 core set. At retail they are sold in packs of two and two different ones.

77477: Hobgoblin Veteran

Sculpted by Bobby Jackson

40mm base.

200113-reaper-bones-3-stoneskull-bandits

Just add the bones 4 ones to this lot, and there we have a goodly group of bandits.  Or a unit of irregulars / rabble or whatnot in some wargame or other.

• Like 21

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The "Minitaurs" from the Bones 4 core set, one of the earliest strech goals added to the set.
      I have no idea whether these represent something specific in D&D or not. They might be stunted minotaurs, swole beastdwarfs, goatmen, large implike demons or maybe something entirely different. Whatever the case may be, they are quite comic-looking in their art direction. Probably has something to do with their wide muscular torsos more than anything.

#68:

#69:

I do find it a bit strange that there are three of one type with cowlike shaped (but serrated like ibex) horns, and the fourth one which more than anything is a reindeer. Naturally, this one is called Rüdölf. With umlaut as he obviously is the most heavy metal one. Note the Hellraiser loincloth and birdskull nipple-ring,

#70:

This one has what seems to be a defect in his wrist:

Why is there a hole there? Is there a part missing or is this just a miscast? Does anybody else have this same armhole?

#71:

Got beef?

#68, #69, #70, #71 : The Minitaurs subset
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm bases
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.
    • By Maledrakh
      I have been away and had alot to do at work ever since, so no painting has gotten done for some time now. I did however manage to make some time today, and have painted up the Rat Ogre from the Bones 4 Core set. Oh, sorry "Giant Wererat".

Massive, overstated, muscle bound torso and comparatively short legs, giant apelike arms...This is definately a Skaven Rat Ogre.

Just another simple paint job to get something done. I put him on a 50mm base.

#12, Giant Wererat
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base
    • By Lostraven
      Though technically not part of the town themed figures, I tapped him for the captain of the guard. I did him relatively quickly.

• By Lostraven
      I'm trying to complete all the town related figures from the Bones 4 core set with the same colour palette. I took my inspiration from the Whiterun guards in Skyrim. This pair of guards is also available in metal.

• By Maledrakh
      Still plonking away at the Bones 4 Core Set, Here is the Dire Boar from the "Dire Consequences" subset.

Pumbaa or Piglet. You decide.

Drybrushed from a black undercoat. Greys on the bottom part, browns on the top. Oink oink.

"I want the funeral feast to be the biggest the kingdom ever saw, and I want everyone to taste the boar that got me."
      -King Robert Baratheon
      George RR Martin, A Game of Thrones

#56, Dire Boar
      from the Dire Consequences subset
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      60x35mm 3Dprinted base
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)