Sign in to follow this  
vegascat

Takzez - Demon Ogre (Bones kitbash)

I made this model at a Reaper Bones make & take at Historicon 2015(?).  I really enjoyed making him and thought he turned out well and had plans to paint him one day......and then the Secret Sophie came along and my recipient wanted a cool monster or creature and I thought this model fit the bill in spades.   The main model I used is KAGUNK, OGRE CHIEFTAIN (https://www.reapermini.com/search/ogre/latest/77105), armed with a demonic looking whip, using a sarcophagus lid as a shield (https://www.reapermini.com/search/crypt/latest/77137), legs from...something (gryphon maybe), spines from a small dragon, and some various heads as trophies around his waist. 

I decided to name him Takzez and have given him two brief write ups - one as a bad guy and one as a good guy.  However, I do want to have the receiver to have something to himself and he can let me know later if he'd like me to share that info or not later.  But in the meantime, here he is.  Apologies for the photos, I rushed as it is already late.

1074692891_Ogreback.thumb.JPG.9451c046628d509a422e95d21725b49d.JPG1062400686_Ogrefront.thumb.JPG.d1c39709ed5bf77e6196a0d8c9c83555.JPG

I do wish I'd had more time to work on his skin and legs, although the skin turned out tons better than my first attempt at it.  Oh wow, I am going to hit that inner bottom corner on the shield with a was a few times before I send it.

C&C welcome!

Edited by vegascat
photos not showing
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, vegascat said:

I'll have to fix it when I get home from work 

Yes you have to!

We're waiting...so...when are you done? ::P:

• Haha 1

Not only can I see the photos of The Big Guy, I am impressed. He is BEAUTIFULLY painted in a fine array of colors, AND SPLENDIDLY based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

Not only can I see the photos of The Big Guy, I am impressed. He is BEAUTIFULLY painted in a fine array of colors, AND SPLENDIDLY based. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks, that means a lot to me coming from you old friend.  The requester did ask for it to be colorful and I tried to make sure the colors didn't clash too much.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this