Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

Painting a Stonehaven gnome...

So the ex is going to be joining a new campaign, and she asked me to paint her figure, the Stonehaven female gnome rogue....

008.thumb.JPG.ed985440a2335b37e301e9c76915f6ae.JPG

009.thumb.JPG.8a751c7c74bc0c573cb78d6b493787e9.JPG

010.thumb.JPG.d882afead91a1b5573d8684787d6b905.JPG

011.thumb.JPG.4c5662a8739a740029421dae6d7443a5.JPG

Still just starting, but need to motivate myself, as well as keeping track of colors....

Scalera is Reaper Linen White

Pupil Warcolours Green 3

Skin SC 75 Arabic shade...

Check back as more gets done!

• Like 18

I really like Stonehaven minis, I just hate their prices (enough that I'll probably never buy anther one again, unless it's through a Kickstarter). Any ideas on color for the clothes?

• Like 1

So the next steps...

To the base SC75 Arabic Shade, added a 50% mix of Arabic Shade and Basic Flesh, Basic Flesh, then a 50% mix of Basic Flesh and Golden Skin...

The pants and boots got a couple coats of SC75 Abyssal Blue...

The pants will be brought up to a lighter than the boots... (hopefully anyway...)

005.thumb.JPG.dd51b92be8b0346467e106c801d26e29.JPG

006.thumb.JPG.eed0138dfae7c25b559d869ca5b9ad1e.JPG

007.thumb.JPG.ac0f820822d191d40e389f3595e8db91.JPG

008.thumb.JPG.8fbc6cffe495b2b76f28b267b4c87dd1.JPG

Still early days, and going to need washes to blend things together, but blending is still beyond me now....

Comments and critiques welcome!

George

edit, already seeing glitches....

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 11

Are you using a wet palette? This might help you with paint consistency. It seems the paint application is a tad thick and looks chalky. Could be the surface of the miniature,  too,  however. 

I also recommend using a glaze medium. It allows you to apply thin translucent coats without loosing adhesion or consistency. 

I think if you work on paint consistency blending will come easier to you. 

On 1/19/2020 at 6:12 AM, Peithetairos said:

Are you using a wet palette? This might help you with paint consistency. It seems the paint application is a tad thick and looks chalky. Could be the surface of the miniature,  too,  however. 

I also recommend using a glaze medium. It allows you to apply thin translucent coats without loosing adhesion or consistency. 

I think if you work on paint consistency blending will come easier to you. 

Yes, I am using a wet palette, It's been about 2 years since I have painted, and am still trying to relearn the skills I had....

• Like 1

Been working, just not posting....

SC Warfront Field Grey39 on the jacket,  Golden Skin, Golden Skin and Light Skin, then Light Skin, as well as some glazes with a mix of Golden and Light skins to try and smooth things out...

005.thumb.JPG.3972c96dc248e79654f5f894f9f090d8.JPG

006.thumb.JPG.c3e94b2f44887b9d3c02c6f8213f453d.JPG

007.thumb.JPG.2d5b6598c6a643116acb720b7c3538de.JPG

008.thumb.JPG.0189a873892a59ab9c3fb42fd9b4c942.JPG

Not happy with the left side of her face, but will see if I can fix it, or if she needs a simple green spa day....

thanks for looking!

• Like 9

Been working, just not posting....

SC F&G Elandil Violet then a wash of WarColours Violet ink for the hair, SC75 Golden Skin & Pale Skin, Then Pale skin, then Pale skin and Mojave white, then several glazes of pale skin, then pale skin and mojave white...

001.thumb.JPG.3822961923479fec40d3209dbb95ba05.JPG

002.thumb.JPG.0d0973c4c287df2845ebf7cfd73e16ef.JPG

003.thumb.JPG.5fc2e81cf0f8c9730b89b60e6ec1443c.JPG

004.thumb.JPG.f779347f85852b5c8fd37c7bcba9e77a.JPG

Still not happy about the left side of the face, but since the figure is supposed to have a scar....

Thanks for looking...

• Like 7