Sign in to follow this  
malefactus

To Jasonator's Memory

As I sent out the few Christmas cards I felt I absolutely had to send, I thought of our @Jasonator. He hadn't been on the boards in quite awhile...since last January 26th to be exact. So, in the hopes of hearing from him, I sent him a Christmas card with a little letter.

Today the card returned, marked "Deceased. Return To Sender". To say I am devastated would be a gross understatement. I would dearly love this to be a Mark Twain "rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated" moment, but I fear my dear friend has gone on a journey to a new world.

I have only met a couple of Folks who were as joyfully alive as Jay. In some other place, I imagine he is dancing in delight & his laughter is echoing like silver bells in crystal air, but this World seems a much colder & lonelier place than it was this morning.

Be happy Old Friend; you were loved & will be missed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 45

I am so very sorry to hear this; Jay was such a nice man with a genuine, sweet, spirit. I hope someone is taking good care of his teddy bear Reginald.

Thank you for letting us know, I'm sure having to be the bearer of this sad news wasn't an easy task. My thoughts are with you, Jay and everyone that cared about him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Malefacus,  I appreciate the care and attention that you show with this follow-up. 

it really speaks to the strong connections that many of us have found on this board and this community. 

It is very sad to know that Jasonator has departed our world.  I remember him fondly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the word.

It's never easy to announce... or to know... that the circle is smaller by one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for informing us.

It's always in the back of my mind when forum regulars suddenly go quiet. Most of the time it's for countless mundane reasons, yet know that we do have older members that may have health issues that we may or may not be aware of (he'd be 70 today).

I remember Jasonator for his passion for inks and fine pens, and the origin of his swan legitimate coat of arms avatar.

Rest in peace my old friend. May your penmanship be worthy of the angels.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is very sad news. Part of me is holding out hope this is some kind of mistake... but I fear it isn’t.

I feel bad it has been so long since he last posted and I hadn’t realized it. It seems like it wasn’t that long ago he was posting photos of his trip to Norway.

I’ll miss his posts. :down:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Damn, sorry to hear this. He seemed like good folk.

Sure loved him some Tom Meier, as I recall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4