Possible SCULPTING classes at Reapercon 2020

JG/RR

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth... I plan to teach at least one sculpting-with-putty class at ReaperCon -- maybe 1 sculpting class and 3 painting classes, or 2 and 2.

I'll try to coordinate my topics with what Bob & Julie (and any other putty-sculptors) are teaching.

• "Sculpting for Conversion/Repair" should have a very broad appeal.  If people want multiple sessions but Julie & Bob want to teach only one, I could probably offer another one.
  • I've taught a "Sculpting Faces" class for the past 3 years.  I had 12 students in 2017 (Friday 4-6pm), 8 students in 2018 (Thursday 4-6pm), but only 5 students last year (Thursday 3-5pm).  Maybe I've already satisfied the market and shouldn't offer it again, or maybe I need to offer it on Saturday this year.
  • I taught a "Sculpting for Basing" class several years ago, including a lot of materials/textures, and I could offer it again.

The classroom in the hotel was especially cold last year (below 68F), and that made my putty slower to cure and more difficult to work with. 

I'll try to solve that problem this year.

Derek (Schubert)

• Like 3

It looks like this year we will be teaching basic putty classes, 2  "Sculpting Details" and 2 "Sculpting for conversion and repair". I also will be teaching a "build a scenic base" class. At this time it doesn't look like we will be teaching any advanced classes like the Sculpting Armor or Dragon relief class.

Ridolfi

• Like 5

Trying to plan my topics and schedule, I'm looking over the class schedules from ReaperCon 2018 and 2019.

The putty-sculpting teachers, besides Bob & Julie and me, have been Andy Pieper, Tom Mason, and Brien Piersol; also Doug Cohen (sculpt-a-whole-figure intensive workshop). 

Most of the classes were in the 10am or 1pm slots.  I'll diversify and offer my sculpting classes later in the afternoons.

Derek

• Like 3

I may have to take a sculpting class. Green/grey-stuff is something I can never get right. Taking a class this year will be my first since '08 or '09. I've taken classes from both Bob & Derek, so I have no idea who I'd take it from thou.