Sign in to follow this  
Rahz

Necron objective markers

Following a couple trials to print these (really I was looking for things to print with the clear green resin and Necrons sprung to mind) I managed to get a good set of 6 printed up. Then the idea skittered across my brain that I should put a light in them...

So I have started painting them in the stereotypical dark+metal+green and picked up a small box of LEDs along with a coupe switches. 

4301377D-9A85-4EB9-AD80-B6717D89F178.thumb.jpeg.6a7d5f4e3a0edd0f4f2da82377647b0e.jpeg

Here’s the group shot. 

EF8215A9-260D-4F70-89FD-D9BCECD935C0.thumb.jpeg.d6cbd0be93ccdef214fac8bfc58490f6.jpeg

A bit of Reaper Coal Black and some Vallejo Copper.  They need at least another coat.  

Test with a green LED held inside. 
5387C570-B35C-48E6-84D6-CFC44C1667B8.thumb.jpeg.3aa0954532feba43a1c73cc3850012d7.jpeg

Once they get a bit more paint on them, I’ll build up some bases to hide the following bits in them. 
image.thumb.jpg.2163d3832306f2801161051815659b11.jpg

Hoping to get another coat of paint on them later tonight along with the start of some edge highlights, but I’m solo-parenting so we’ll see how the evening goes.
For now, it’s time to take the kids to their music lessons.  

Thanks for looking. 

• Like 17

Finally got a bit more work done on these. Building the bases proved a little more complicated than originally planned. 

52BEFBBB-B6DB-4280-A640-E6CFCBE17D65.thumb.jpeg.0f7e58abf50c2e9dea2b12d2ff0071a3.jpeg

First base ready.  I’ve got a switch to make things easier.  
9315DFB5-5A94-4E93-963B-0C16DEFFB499.thumb.jpeg.50e45f7aa8219c369e96d1473972a34e.jpeg

Found the reaper bases were a little shallow for the electronics so I designed and printed a couple, including the opening for the switch. They have been primed black.   

7D2C149C-142C-4064-A495-67026A9B88AF.thumb.jpeg.47dfa7c9a27dd3bf588bf5ec114ee5f0.jpeg

I’m also printing a couple extension rings for the finished base that was done with a Reaper one so it will sit flat.  

oh, how I love this new aspect of modeling!  

• Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this