Sirithiliel

Making feathered dinosaurs

Lighter feathered raptor is getting his back feathers

Minimally feathered raptor is getting a head and tail crest

IMG_20200124_120958.jpg

IMG_20200124_120954.jpg

IMG_20200124_121014.jpg

• Like 14

Started a new heavy feather raptor, he looks much better compared to my very first raptor 

I think I will paint up the first one, and keep this one unpainted as my class example mini of heavy feather modifications 

IMG_20200125_210208.jpg

IMG_20200125_210221.jpg

• Like 14

The squad so far. Two heavy feathers complete with wings, one crested light feathered with fan tail and two minimalist feathered, one with crest on head and tail 

IMG_20200126_112728.jpg

• Like 16

My favorites are the ones with the heavy feather job followed by the one on the left with the crest.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

My favorites are the ones with the heavy feather job followed by the one on the left with the crest.

Yea I like the heavy feathered guys best too

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Is there a reason you went with different feather varieties for your raptor pack?

because during ReaperCon i'm going to be teaching a class on modifying dino minis / painting dino minis, and i figured it'd be good to have a variety to show what people can do in regards to feathering raptors

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 6

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

because during ReaperCon i'm going to be teaching a class on modifying dino minis / painting dino minis, and i figured it'd be good to have a variety to show what people can do

That makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

i know the feathers are not as good as the professionals can do, but i think i can confidently teach people new to sculpting how to do them in a hour time frame. It's a very easy, simple process to get basic feathers like that

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

IMG_20200126_172518.jpg

Despite me being so much worse that I feel guilty commenting about things like this, the joints around the hips/shoulders and the torso look a bit too separate, like action figure limbs. I imagine you're planning on adding some transition pieces, but I thought it best to bring it up.

• Like 2