Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

HeroForge Custom mini KS

On 2/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Look at the month given for possible delivery.

Add a month.

Seem familiar? :wub:

The Auld Grump - his and hers? ::):

Can you help me with my character? ^_^

~ Our OTHER anniversary. ::):

On 2/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, PaganMegan said:

Can you help me with my character? ^_^

~ Our OTHER anniversary. ::):

To bad we won't be able to do a naked halfling witch sitting on the shoulder of an ogre paladin. Naked is something Hero Forge WON'T do.

When I knew I was winning was when he told me about those dreams:

He's an armored ogre paladin seeking wrongs to right. 

She's a skyclad halfling witch trying to get home, across a dangerous wasteland.

They Fight Crime! ::D:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have a bunch of characters I've built using their software but only printed three of them so far...

I'm tempted to try springing for the 10 STL files so that I can get those printed elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's entirely worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I have a bunch of characters I've built using their software but only printed three of them so far...

I'm tempted to try springing for the 10 STL files so that I can get those printed elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's entirely worth it.

Yeah, if you have a printer the STL files were a no-brainer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

That may be a better choice for us, get the STLs, send them to Impact and have them print them out, since we will probably want to paint them anyway. ::):

The ogre paladin and naked halfling witch were from dreams that Grump started having after the retreat, but before we were dating.

He says they would have been rated G if it weren't for the naked halfling! ::D:

What I loved was that while his ogre had rescued the suspiciously Megan like halfling, they became co-adventurers from that point on. She no longer needed rescuing.

I'm not joking about wanting a mini of that. ::):

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yeah, if you have a printer the STL files were a no-brainer.

Yeah. I don't have a printer. I would have to farm it out to Impact, like PM references, or wait until I finally buy a 3D printer. Either way, it'll be a bit off, and I've been overspending as is lately. Probably not worth it.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, PaganMegan said:

That may be a better choice for us, get the STLs, send them to Impact and have them print them out, since we will probably want to paint them anyway. ::):

The ogre paladin and naked halfling witch were from dreams that Grump started having after the retreat, but before we were dating.

What I loved was that while his ogre had rescued the suspiciously Megan like halfling, they became co-adventurers from that point on. She no longer needed rescuing.

Linked, not shown - because language.

Kind of surprised that HeroForge hasn't added sitting legs already.

The Auld Grump

On 2/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, PaganMegan said:

Grumble, grumble, grumble - it's cheaper, too.....

The Auld Grump

Last few hours - looks like the final two Stretch Goals will fail.

Too bad, they looked interesting.

The Auld Grump

Got the ten - sending the first STL to Impact.

A remake of the one I got Megan years ago - for our Retreat Anniversary - but that fell apart because the early Heroforge material was not very good.

It's always bothered me....

The Auld Grump

On 1/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, Smokestack said:

Yes. There is no option given with his service, it’s just the one level. Which is the premium resin print. Now he does have a grey resin and his translucent blue resin, but it appears he only does the 3D printing in the translucent blue.  

The miniature that I bought for Megan was 3D printed in grey. ::):

Not bad - better resolution than the early HeroForge mini I bought of the same character, and definitely more solid.

Quite happy with it, but need to clean it and paint it before giving it to Megan.

I expect her to complain that it is wearing too much clothing. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Not bad - better resolution than the early HeroForge mini I bought of the same character, and definitely more solid.

Quite happy with it, but need to clean it and paint it before giving it to Megan.

The Auld Grump

Nice! Did you specify you wanted grey or did it just come in that material by default? 

I may have to order another mini. The quality was great but translucent just irks me. 

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

Too much clothing, and not enough ogre! ::D:

She needs an ogre to ride on, like a furry footed parrot! :lol:

41 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Nice! Did you specify you wanted grey or did it just come in that material by default? 

I may have to order another mini. The quality was great but translucent just irks me. 

I don't think he specified.

The figure is sitting there, begging me to paint her, but Grump wants to paint her for me, so I won't.

Sorry, Megan Hillshire. ::(:

Yes, he named the figure Megan. ::):

• Like 3

Not to go too far off topic, but I messaged Impact and the grey resin is now his standard. So yay! 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2020 at 9:49 AM, PaganMegan said:

Too much clothing, and not enough ogre! ::D:

She needs an ogre to ride on, like a furry footed parrot! :lol:

I don't think he specified.

The figure is sitting there, begging me to paint her, but Grump wants to paint her for me, so I won't.

Sorry, Megan Hillshire. ::(:

Yes, he named the figure Megan. ::):

Yes, my dream was amazingly subtle.  Like a happy brick to the head. ::P:

There was no way to connect the witch named Megan that sat on my lap at the retreat with the witch named Megan that sat on my shoulder in the dream.

I think my subconscious gave up on subtlety  in favor of going 'Hey! STUPID! She likes you, and doesn't live three hundred miles away!'

To my credit, as soon as I started having those dreams, I let Megan know.

Yes, the grey resin came without my requesting it - and I was glad to see the change.

Ye gads, Megan's new monitor is bright. New monitor, new graphics card - LED instead of LCD.

The Auld Grump

Yikes! Glad, so very glad, that Megan talked me out of the colored prints and into the STLs... From the Dakka thread on this KS -

17ot6tana2z41.png

That is a colored version of the translucent crap they sent me when I bought a mini fir Megan, years ago.

Not impressed, even a little.

The grey print from a HeroForge STL by Impact was much, much, much better.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yikes! Glad, so very glad, that Megan talked me out of the colored prints and into the STLs... From the Dakka thread on this KS -

17ot6tana2z41.png

That is a colored version of the translucent crap they sent me when I bought a mini fir Megan, years ago.

Not impressed, even a little.

The grey print from a HeroForge STL by Impact was much, much, much better.

The Auld Grump

Er, what? It looks like it’s carved from maple sugar candy.

(Would you have a link to that thread or should I go searching? )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

Er, what? It looks like it’s carved from maple sugar candy.

(Would you have a link to that thread or should I go searching? )

Here you go.

The image is apparently from Reddit - which I am not a part of.

That is not a figure worth $40!

Nor is it on par with the minis they were sending out as demos.

The Auld Grump - really happy with the Impact minis, really not happy with what I see there.

• Like 3

On the other hand - I give Impact high marks for their 3D prints of our HeroForge STLs - high quality prints, high detail, strong material, semi-reasonable price, and a turnaround of less than a week, from order to receiving the models.

Aside from a few places where we need to trim the support marks a bit, danged near perfect. (And they erred the right way on the supports - I would rather need to trim than have detail accidentally removed.)

A 9 out of 10 - and I'm the Russian judge. We will be ordering through them again. Probably both the mounted and foot versions of Dr. S. Grundy for me, and maybe a mounted version of Megan Hillshire for Megan.

Faster and less expensive than the un-colored HeroForge models, and at least as high a quality.

The Auld Grump

1 minute ago, PaganMegan said:

Those are terrible! ::o:

I think the colored render looks fine - but the actual model?

Is crap.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2