Jump to content

HeroForge Custom mini KS


Recommended Posts

On 2/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Look at the month given for possible delivery.

 

Add a month.

 

Seem familiar? :wub:

 

The Auld Grump - his and hers? ::):

Can you help me with my character? ^_^

~ Our OTHER anniversary. ::):

 

On 2/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, PaganMegan said:

Can you help me with my character? ^_^

~ Our OTHER anniversary. ::):

To bad we won't be able to do a naked halfling witch sitting on the shoulder of an ogre paladin. Naked is something Hero Forge WON'T do.

 

When I knew I was winning was when he told me about those dreams:

He's an armored ogre paladin seeking wrongs to right. 

 

She's a skyclad halfling witch trying to get home, across a dangerous wasteland.

 

They Fight Crime! ::D:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately the only way is either from reviews of the final product or if the manufacturer tells you some information about their resin.  It seems like most people want to keep it close to vest lik

@PaganMegan @TheAuldGrump   Thank you so much for the kind words on my 3-D Printing service.   Very glad you are happy.  I just found this thread tonight.   I keep trying new equipment and new resins

Linked, not shown - because language.   Kind of surprised that HeroForge hasn't added sitting legs already.   The Auld Grump     Grumble, grumble, grumble - it's c

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I have a bunch of characters I've built using their software but only printed three of them so far...

I'm tempted to try springing for the 10 STL files so that I can get those printed elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's entirely worth it.

Yeah, if you have a printer the STL files were a no-brainer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I have a bunch of characters I've built using their software but only printed three of them so far...

I'm tempted to try springing for the 10 STL files so that I can get those printed elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's entirely worth it.

That may be a better choice for us, get the STLs, send them to Impact and have them print them out, since we will probably want to paint them anyway. ::):

 

The ogre paladin and naked halfling witch were from dreams that Grump started having after the retreat, but before we were dating.

 

He says they would have been rated G if it weren't for the naked halfling! ::D:

 

What I loved was that while his ogre had rescued the suspiciously Megan like halfling, they became co-adventurers from that point on. She no longer needed rescuing.

 

I'm not joking about wanting a mini of that. ::):

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yeah, if you have a printer the STL files were a no-brainer.

Yeah. I don't have a printer. I would have to farm it out to Impact, like PM references, or wait until I finally buy a 3D printer. Either way, it'll be a bit off, and I've been overspending as is lately. Probably not worth it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, PaganMegan said:

That may be a better choice for us, get the STLs, send them to Impact and have them print them out, since we will probably want to paint them anyway. ::):

 

The ogre paladin and naked halfling witch were from dreams that Grump started having after the retreat, but before we were dating.

 

He says they would have been rated G if it weren't for the naked halfling! ::D:

 

What I loved was that while his ogre had rescued the suspiciously Megan like halfling, they became co-adventurers from that point on. She no longer needed rescuing.

 

I'm not joking about wanting a mini of that. ::):

Linked, not shown - because language.

 

Kind of surprised that HeroForge hasn't added sitting legs already.

 

The Auld Grump

 

On 2/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, PaganMegan said:

That may be a better choice for us, get the STLs, send them to Impact and have them print them out, since we will probably want to paint them anyway. ::):

 

The ogre paladin and naked halfling witch were from dreams that Grump started having after the retreat, but before we were dating.

 

He says they would have been rated G if it weren't for the naked halfling! ::D:

 

What I loved was that while his ogre had rescued the suspiciously Megan like halfling, they became co-adventurers from that point on. She no longer needed rescuing.

 

I'm not joking about wanting a mini of that. ::):

 

Grumble, grumble, grumble - it's cheaper, too.....

 

The Auld Grump

 

Last few hours - looks like the final two Stretch Goals will fail.

 

Too bad, they looked interesting.

 

The Auld Grump

 

Got the ten - sending the first STL to Impact.

 

A remake of the one I got Megan years ago - for our Retreat Anniversary - but that fell apart because the early Heroforge material was not very good.

 

It's always bothered me....

 

The Auld Grump

 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, Smokestack said:

 Yes. There is no option given with his service, it’s just the one level. Which is the premium resin print. Now he does have a grey resin and his translucent blue resin, but it appears he only does the 3D printing in the translucent blue.  
 

The miniature that I bought for Megan was 3D printed in grey. ::):

 

Not bad - better resolution than the early HeroForge mini I bought of the same character, and definitely more solid.

 

Quite happy with it, but need to clean it and paint it before giving it to Megan.

 

I expect her to complain that it is wearing too much clothing. ::P:

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The miniature that I bought for Megan was 3D printed in grey. ::):

 

Not bad - better resolution than the early HeroForge mini I bought of the same character, and definitely more solid.

 

Quite happy with it, but need to clean it and paint it before giving it to Megan.

 

I expect her to complain that it is wearing too much clothing. ::P:

 

The Auld Grump

Nice! Did you specify you wanted grey or did it just come in that material by default? 
 

I may have to order another mini. The quality was great but translucent just irks me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The miniature that I bought for Megan was 3D printed in grey. ::):

 

Not bad - better resolution than the early HeroForge mini I bought of the same character, and definitely more solid.

 

Quite happy with it, but need to clean it and paint it before giving it to Megan.

 

I expect her to complain that it is wearing too much clothing. ::P:

 

The Auld Grump

Too much clothing, and not enough ogre! ::D:

 

She needs an ogre to ride on, like a furry footed parrot! :lol:

41 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Nice! Did you specify you wanted grey or did it just come in that material by default? 
 

I may have to order another mini. The quality was great but translucent just irks me. 

I don't think he specified.

 

The figure is sitting there, begging me to paint her, but Grump wants to paint her for me, so I won't.

 

Sorry, Megan Hillshire. ::(:

 

Yes, he named the figure Megan. ::):

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 9:49 AM, PaganMegan said:

Too much clothing, and not enough ogre! ::D:

 

She needs an ogre to ride on, like a furry footed parrot! :lol:

I don't think he specified.

 

The figure is sitting there, begging me to paint her, but Grump wants to paint her for me, so I won't.

 

Sorry, Megan Hillshire. ::(:

 

Yes, he named the figure Megan. ::):

Yes, my dream was amazingly subtle.  Like a happy brick to the head. ::P:

 

There was no way to connect the witch named Megan that sat on my lap at the retreat with the witch named Megan that sat on my shoulder in the dream.

 

I think my subconscious gave up on subtlety  in favor of going 'Hey! STUPID! She likes you, and doesn't live three hundred miles away!'

 

To my credit, as soon as I started having those dreams, I let Megan know.

 

***

 

Yes, the grey resin came without my requesting it - and I was glad to see the change.

 

***

 

Ye gads, Megan's new monitor is bright. New monitor, new graphics card - LED instead of LCD.

 

The Auld Grump

 

Yikes! Glad, so very glad, that Megan talked me out of the colored prints and into the STLs... From the Dakka thread on this KS -

 

17ot6tana2z41.png

That is a colored version of the translucent crap they sent me when I bought a mini fir Megan, years ago.

 

Not impressed, even a little.

 

The grey print from a HeroForge STL by Impact was much, much, much better.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yikes! Glad, so very glad, that Megan talked me out of the colored prints and into the STLs... From the Dakka thread on this KS -

 

17ot6tana2z41.png

That is a colored version of the translucent crap they sent me when I bought a mini fir Megan, years ago.

 

Not impressed, even a little.

 

The grey print from a HeroForge STL by Impact was much, much, much better.

 

The Auld Grump


 

Er, what? It looks like it’s carved from maple sugar candy.

 

(Would you have a link to that thread or should I go searching? )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pingo said:


 

Er, what? It looks like it’s carved from maple sugar candy.

 

(Would you have a link to that thread or should I go searching? )

Here you go.

 

The image is apparently from Reddit - which I am not a part of.

 

That is not a figure worth $40!

 

Nor is it on par with the minis they were sending out as demos.

 

The Auld Grump - really happy with the Impact minis, really not happy with what I see there.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand - I give Impact high marks for their 3D prints of our HeroForge STLs - high quality prints, high detail, strong material, semi-reasonable price, and a turnaround of less than a week, from order to receiving the models.

 

Aside from a few places where we need to trim the support marks a bit, danged near perfect. (And they erred the right way on the supports - I would rather need to trim than have detail accidentally removed.)

 

A 9 out of 10 - and I'm the Russian judge. We will be ordering through them again. Probably both the mounted and foot versions of Dr. S. Grundy for me, and maybe a mounted version of Megan Hillshire for Megan.

 

Faster and less expensive than the un-colored HeroForge models, and at least as high a quality.

 

The Auld Grump

1 minute ago, PaganMegan said:

Those are terrible! ::o:

 

I think the colored render looks fine - but the actual model?

 

Is crap.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      I'm happy to see they've launched a 2nd KS, as I missed out on the first one.
      Here's the blurb from the Kickstarter, which is live and already funded here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/292543184/wallhalla-2/description
       
      Hey, everyone! We're Ill Gotten Games, and we're back for another round of Wallhalla, the modular, 3d printable miniature display shelves!
      We're kicking this new series off with a Dangerous Dungeon theme that comes in two available styles:

       Classic: (left) the original format found in Series 1, optimized for miniature display. Classic shelf units also include versions with recesses for standard round bases (20mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, and 70mm).
       Wall Sprawl: a new, terrain-style take that lets you build vertical dungeons and play on your wall space! (It works great as a display as well, especially if you want even more of a diorama look.)
      Both of these sets are 100% compatible with one another and with any of the sets from Series 1. This campaign is for digital STL files, not finished, physical products, and you'll need access to a 3d printer to make them. All of our Wallhalla designs:
      print 100% support free and are optimized for FDM machines!
      assemble with durable, built-in slide-fit connectors, and don't require glue!
      can be configured (and reconfigured) into whatever build suits your fancy!
      are easy to paint!
    • By Grumpy Gnome
      A new Kickstarter that may otherwise go under your radar.

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/star-schlock-astros/star-schlock-astroguards-miniatures?ref=project_link

      Very entertaining 70’s/80’s nostalgia aesthetics.
    • By Cranky Dog
      I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.
       
      Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)
       

       
      What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.

       
      Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
    • By Marvin
      RPG Sidequest Decks
       
      Ending soon. Card decks, each with a side quest. Pretty straightforward.
    • By Cygnwulf
      Been watching the previews for this on Bold's Instagram,  Some crazy cute models, this time sculpted by  Ismael Nieto.  I'm particularly fond of Bisa and Tori, the winners of the dino race, and the BatPacker is too cute.  Resin cast and STL like their last several releases.  I've picked up their STLs before and been very happy, Planning to try to swing for at least one in resin this time, though shipping from Sweden hurts.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boldminiatures/ismaels-collection
       

       
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)


×
×
  • Create New...