Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here we go with another Nagendra. Trying new colors each time I do them to try and have some fun with scales. What I need to do on my next one is some kind of combination with yellow. Something more challenging to work with to make it fun (or completely ruin it).
* Combo of golds and brown seemed to do alright.
* Felt brave enough to use an oil wash this time. It's frustrating because I'm always afraid it's going to ruin the work I put in, but at the same time, the results could be awesome. The wash is on the scales, and the shield. I tried it on the sword, but it didn't lay into the lettering strong enough.
* The scales were good after the oil wash but needed a 'pop'. I went back and hit diagonally adjacent scales with a cream color. Gave it a cool pattern without overwhelming the look. I did my last one with an organic here or there approach. This was more pattern driven. Doing something like a diamond back would be a challenge worth doing.
* The sword did not come out as I had hoped. It looks washed out and the runes on it are less than ideal. Could use some fix ideas for this.
* The shield also is missing...something. I don't know what it is, but there's nothing really cool about it.
* Eyes are so small on this model it's hard to do anything fun. I made them black with yellow slits, but you can't really see them due to the size. Anyone else struggle with eyes that are too small to really detail? Or have a solution worth trying?
* This one just didn't have the same pop effect I'd hoped for. I'm not sure what's mising, but it's something.
I have been slightly less of a workaholic in May than in April, so I have been able to do some quartely challenges as well as the monthlies. I am probably not going to be able to paint anything else this month, so here goes.
These were all painted for the Reaper challenge league May, and again, squeezed in between work. So, low effort speed painting is the key. which also shows that is it possible to get quite decent results in a short time as long as you accept there will be some rough bits.
there are some pictures below
At the Twee of Wuv
A simple diorama for the Reaper Challenge League
44131 Tree of Despair with the 77546 Barbarian Mouslings
Would you like to know more?
Who's Online 4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)