Sign in to follow this  
lscrep

Dallas Ft. Worth/ Denton Airport transportation

Im hav a confirmed booking for Embassy suites for Reapercon 2020. I will be flying from New England to Dallas. My question is what are my ground transportation options to get to  the Denton hotel venue and back to the Airport on Sunday. I will be arriving on Wednesday for PIZZA!!

Looking forward to my first ReaperCon!

I pretty sure the hotel does not operate a recurring airport shuttle, so options are cab/ride share, car rental, or coordinating a ride with a fellow forumite.

SuperShuttle or a similar airport shuttle should run between either Dallas airport (DFW or DAL) but I don't know what the pricing is these days.  I think it cost me $90-$100 in 2018 but I was the only one in my party.

Sometimes convention-goers will rent a car and offer a ride to/from their airport.

There should be a ride-sharing thread closer to the convention date if you want to try to get together with others to/from the airport.

The best option is to coordinate a ride-share with fellow fliers for the same day/time of arrival. I'd recommend starting a ride-share thread about 3 weeks prior to the start of the con. I know Chaosscorpion will be flying in from PA and I'll be flying in from GA with a goal of splitting a ride on the Wednesday before the con.

• Like 1

Supershuttle or Execucar can be expensive because of the distance from the airport, but they are a preferred method of getting to the convention if you don't catch a ride with another Forumite.  a shared ride on Supershuttle is pretty affordable though.

If I can go, there should be room in the Rastl Ride for 2. All depends on the airport where we come from.

Well, as always, the shortest route for me from work to the convention center on Wednesday puts me passing through DFW Airport around 4:30 if anyone is arriving near that time and would like to stick out their thumb.

I'm currently slated to arrive at DFW Wed at 12:30.

Leaving from DFW Sun 8:30 pm flight.

Up for ridesharing. But hopefully it will not be the debacle it was last year!

Just now, Dragoneye said:

Up for ridesharing. But hopefully it will not be the debacle it was last year!

This sounds like a story.  What happened?

3 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

This sounds like a story.  What happened?

I was there when it happened.

The gist of it is that several of us had return flights on Monday morning. We agreed to share a ride, and it was made under Dragoneye's name. By sheer coincidence while we were chatting in the lounge, she found around 10pm Sunday 2am Monday that her morning flight was cancelled and rescheduled almost a whole day later.

Many furious last minute phone calls happened for everyone to rebook everything under the right names and the appropriate times.

Oh, and the last segment of my return flight got cancelled and I had to spend an extra day at a hotel after already spending the previous night awake in Denton (not my best idea, but some very nice chats with Izzy).

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

I was there when it happened.

The gist of it is that several of us had return flights on Monday morning. We agreed to share a ride, and it was made under Dragoneye's name. By sheer coincidence while we were chatting in the lounge, she found around 10pm Sunday that her morning flight was cancelled and rescheduled almost a whole day later.

Many furious last minute phone calls happened for everyone to rebook everything under the right names and the appropriate times.

Oh, and the last segment of my return flight got cancelled and I had to spend an extra day at a hotel after already spending the previous night awake in Denton (not my best idea, but some very nice chats with Izzy).

Mostly... it happened at 2 am! Turned out  i also ended up booked on 2 flights out in trying to resolve the issue (thankfully that got cleared up without the $$$). Wonderful reapercon friends helped get my sleep deprived butt home. I want this year to be less eventful ;)

• Like 3

Last year at HGI, I used Uber to get to the airport on Monday afternoon. Big mistake as the driver went to the airport! (or at least he/she tried as I cancelled it as soon as I realized the car was GOING TO the airport)

Everything was inputted right, map showed HGI as the initial pick up spot, just an idiot driver. That also did in, Uber for me as a rideshare service. I will admit the incident did allow me to start using Lyft & met a fantastic person in the process. He kinda looked like the late rapper The Notorious B.I.G. . He even drove a nice Cady too. ^_^

Thou, I will admit, that did make me use Supershuttle to return if I couldn't get a ride from a fellow Congoer (since I usually leave at 3 or so in the morning). As BIG did kinda drop me off a bit off location (nothing big, just had to walk more then  I wanted too.)

I haven't booked a flight yet, and probably won't for at least a few months, but I plan to arrive Wednesday afternoon. Like a lot of others, I am open to sharing rides if I can arrange it ahead of time. That discussion usually starts to really heat up a couple of months before the event.

@lscrep, you didn't specify where you are coming from in New England, but, for what it's worth, American and JetBlue run a number of direct flights from Boston/Logan to DFW. My favorite flight for ReaperCon arrives around 4pm, but there are several others.

There are other forumites coming from CT, NY, etc. You might be able to get flight information from them, if it would be helpful.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

o.k. I contacted Embassy Suites. They recommend a local Car service. "A Style Car Service " (972)571-6237 is the number Embassy gave to me. She said about $65.00 one way to and from Dallas/Ft. Worth and Embassy suites. So I guess I will book that verses rental on a car for 4 days. Will check with AAA on car rental rates as well.

I will be flying from Bradley field,Hartford. Southwest has a direct flight to Dallas/Ft/ Worth. Not worth 100 mile trip to Logan for me, since Im 30min from Bradley.

Edited by lscrep
  • Like 1