Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

The Subterranean Realms by Glitterwolf

Here I will paint the inhabitants of the world beneath us.

You will find Drow, Myconids, Beholders and all sorts of cave dwelling creatures here.

I might also try my hand at some terrain or buildings.

Some stuff that awaits painting:

Fungal Queen

Killer Fungi (2)

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 14

25 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I cannot wait to see what you do with the fungal queen!

Patience friends, I need to move first, it might take a while.

But she and her friends will be in here when I start painting again.

I got the Darkreach expansion from Bones IV, so a lot of that will find it way into this one and in my other projects.

• Like 2

Since I have a lot of minis ( and am printing even more) I sold and gave away a few minis.

The Drow and Dark Watcher are no longer in my posession, however there will be new Dark Elf types coming next month as STL files from Artisan Guild.

I still have enough to paint for this project, but it will be a side-project.

I'm focusing on the main projects at the moment, so patience...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By Pochi
      This was my entry in the Reaper Facebook Quarterly Painting Contest. I wanted her to look like she is living in a magical cavern. I had a whole vision for how I wanted her base and I mostly pulled it off. She turned out pretty much how I envisioned her. It took way more work than I anticipated but I learned a whole lot about making scenic bases! I ended up buying a router and having my husband help me create the cave in the side of the plinth.

She sits on the base so I can still grab her and put her on the table for D&D if I want to. My only issue with her is that she is difficult to photograph! I don't have a good picture of the back.

• By Scott W
      My first time posting to this forum, please let me know if I misstep :p

Reaper Bones Black: 44002 Rock Troll

I added a more rocky base using rock and some plastic crystals carved from leftover plastic sprue. Also added some more crystals to his elbows and side. The elbows were just because I thought it would make it look more menacing but the one on his side was because of a huge hole leftover from the moulding process. To take care of assembly lines I used some of the rock I cracked apart for the base.

I still have the belt and pouch to do, along with the base and some smoothing if blends in his muscles. 

Feedback and CC most welcome!!! 

• By peepster1976
      My Crystal Troll finally (almost) done. Really happy with the result. As a final touch i'm gonna try som resin water pool on the forward corner of the base. The was specially swaed off for this porpuse.
      Anyway hope U like
      GRtzz

• By Maledrakh
      The Skyless Realms was a kickstarter for some .stl-files that funded recently and delivered just a couple weeks ago. The theme was buildings, scatter terrain and miniatures of several kinds that would typically found in the Underdark setting for D&D. Centered around spider-worshipping Dark Elves, there are a bunch of classic cave and dungeon monsters, Deep Gnomes, Gray Dwarves, lizardfolk and the obligatory tentacle-faced horrors that want to suck out your brains. A whole lot of stuff!
      Now, I have a two year old cheapo flashforge finder FDM-printer that only uses PLA material. It is great for terrain and buildings, but not so great for miniatures because of the unsightly print lines and such.

However... the print lines are really not all that bad, especially when seen on the table and not in extreme close-up as in the photos.
      And I even printed these at the "normal" settings which have a .18mm layer height  and not the "hyper" settings which has a .08mm layer height.
      Each of the smaller myconids took less than an hour to print, and the Behemoth about four hours in a single piece.

Lots of pictures below the click me
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)