Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This was my entry in the Reaper Facebook Quarterly Painting Contest. I wanted her to look like she is living in a magical cavern. I had a whole vision for how I wanted her base and I mostly pulled it off. She turned out pretty much how I envisioned her. It took way more work than I anticipated but I learned a whole lot about making scenic bases! I ended up buying a router and having my husband help me create the cave in the side of the plinth.
She sits on the base so I can still grab her and put her on the table for D&D if I want to. My only issue with her is that she is difficult to photograph! I don't have a good picture of the back.
By Scott W
My first time posting to this forum, please let me know if I misstep :p
Reaper Bones Black: 44002 Rock Troll
I added a more rocky base using rock and some plastic crystals carved from leftover plastic sprue. Also added some more crystals to his elbows and side. The elbows were just because I thought it would make it look more menacing but the one on his side was because of a huge hole leftover from the moulding process. To take care of assembly lines I used some of the rock I cracked apart for the base.
I still have the belt and pouch to do, along with the base and some smoothing if blends in his muscles.
Feedback and CC most welcome!!!
The Skyless Realms was a kickstarter for some .stl-files that funded recently and delivered just a couple weeks ago. The theme was buildings, scatter terrain and miniatures of several kinds that would typically found in the Underdark setting for D&D. Centered around spider-worshipping Dark Elves, there are a bunch of classic cave and dungeon monsters, Deep Gnomes, Gray Dwarves, lizardfolk and the obligatory tentacle-faced horrors that want to suck out your brains. A whole lot of stuff!
Now, I have a two year old cheapo flashforge finder FDM-printer that only uses PLA material. It is great for terrain and buildings, but not so great for miniatures because of the unsightly print lines and such.
However... the print lines are really not all that bad, especially when seen on the table and not in extreme close-up as in the photos.
And I even printed these at the "normal" settings which have a .18mm layer height and not the "hyper" settings which has a .08mm layer height.
Each of the smaller myconids took less than an hour to print, and the Behemoth about four hours in a single piece.
Lots of pictures below the click me
Who's Online 22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)