Sign in to follow this  
Dae

Dae's Griffon, Nolzur's 72574

Very nicely done!

Funny, just read a 5e AL adventure I'm thinking of running & the first encounter is a griffon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Nolzur's do make a few great monster minis, even though most -if not all- of their humanoid minis are too small, weedy and have too shallow detailing for my liking. Here is one:

Yep, a dead head.

50mm base.
      The main colour is Citadel Contrast Plaguebearer flesh, the rest is regular paint.

This mini was finished September 12th 2020.

Zombie Beholder
      Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures, Wave 11 2020
      Wizkids
      I have no idea who sculpted this, as WizKids do not -as far as I know- publish this info.
      PVC,
      50mm base
    • By MusicalFeline
      So, before I go any further, I am an absolute rookie in the mini painting world. So, uh, prepare for the worst.  

Anyways, here's a trio of Kobold leaders. Yeah, I know there's six of them, but one got lost and the other two need a good bit more work, so it's just these three for now.

As I said, I'm completely new to this hobby, so any friendly critiques are welcome!

KNOWN FAULTS:
      I missed a couple spots on the first kobold leader's face.
      And a few other random spots elsewhere on all three.
      All of their bases look nasty...
      I didn't do their eyes, as I want to get a bit more familiar with this before I try doing something like that.

• By stormbreach
      Hi guys.  Here is my painted Bones Succubus.  Parts of her are a hot mess but I am so happy with her!!  I pushed through sone issues I was having and there are so many spots I learned on her.  For starters she has the first makeup I ever put on a mini.  She has eyeshadow, blush, lipstick complete with little white light dot on her lower lip for fun and a beauty mark!  I started with slightly less pronounced makeup but then she's a succubus, she would have exaggerated makeup I think.  The unfortunate thing about her is her right cheek has quite an indent and then a mold line a little past that.  I disguised the mold line by giving her a "lady sideburn" to match the one sculpted on the other side but there's nothing I can do about the indent.  Then her wings, for the first time I was able to get more of a variation in the colouring which I tried with my bat demon and ended up covering because I didn't like it.  Her dress could have used a bit more but I was done and I'm still working on the layering/highlighting in general.  One thing that still bothers me is the rough look of my paint jobs when I'm done.  I paint with a wet palette so thinning isn't an issue I don't think and don't put coats on top of drying paints so that's not causing it.  Hope everyone likes her as much as I do.  I even have a second copy of her to do later in my painting journey.

• By Choppertown
      Hi all, my first post was answered by such warm and supportive folks I decided to have a crack at the ol' orc from Reaper mini training set #1. The left eye took me 6 tries (and twice that many curses.)  Really enjoying this new hobby, first time I tried was back in 1983 and it was a disaster.  Maybe patience does come with age.  :)
      #separatedbutnotseparate

• By Choppertown
      Hello all, I'm stuck at home the next couple of months like the rest of the world and thought I'd finally try again after my only failed attempt at painting minis thirty-five years ago.  I got one of the Reaper Core Essentials kits and did my first one today. Honestly I just can't believe it came out at all. When I was a kid I didn't have anyone to give me advice like the awesome Reaper booklet did (washes, base coating, etc.) and I seriously have to say thanks for putting out such a well designed tutorial.  I just bought the Layer kit and I look forward to learning from all the expert artists here.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)