Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

1/72 Bronze Age Libyan Swordsmen

The next piece of my DBA 3.0 Bronze Age Libyan army has ben varnished and is ready for battle...as soon as 5 more stands of things get painted. :rolleyes:

AA3BF585-3241-4CA9-9B6A-BB14DD20BDDD.thumb.jpeg.f3f9931140dd1580e768b3b00957452c.jpeg

C4C006EC-3F79-4F4B-B17C-0CEC00CE9991.thumb.jpeg.829e5532f33786102162536447fc348c.jpeg

• Like 17

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BadgersinMeadows
      Hey everyone,
      First model painted in my War of the Roses collection. This is from the Mercenaries box which I've had for ages now and only now getting them done with my other models. This was a warm up miniature as I've been out of painting for months and I'd want to test my skills. I'm not dissatisfied with the finished miniature, it's not incredible but the end result is solid for the tabletop. Moreover I've managed to get him done in a timely manner and made a small improvement to my unpainted and unassembled miniatures. I've only painted about 6 or so miniatures in my 5 years in the hobby so any finished model is a new feeling haha. Lots of paint on the pants of the model that got smudged on there by accident. 

It's unbased, but I'll be basing them in May when I get supplies for that. I'm done with hobby purchases until then. The halberd tip kept breaking throughout painting the model, the way it's attached is horrid. It will definitely snap unless I superglue it.

The cloth was a fun experience, and I definitely skipped some steps. I lost patience at some stages but the end result ended up well for the tabletop. Enjoy the finished miniature! Feedback always welcome. 

Thank you for reading. 

• By Rob Dean
      A little expedient painting...I am still trying to finish my 12-stand De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA) army of 13th century BC Libyans, and they get a stand of mercenary Sea Peoples blades. So, here it is.  As with the other Libyan stands, the figures are drawn from a Caesar Miniatures box set of ~40 figures in 12 poses, of which we have great store.
    • By Rob Dean
      Last month I held my nose to the grindstone, as it were, and painted a bunch of wargaming units, a dozen figures at a time.  This month, I wanted to relax just a little, so I pulled a group of Caesar Adventurers (currently OOP) out of the queue, and amused myself by finishing off a couple of them.  

I’ve picture them here with Sir Forscale to show how not-big they are, which is why they make look just a little rough when blown up to more-than-life-size on the screen.  It’s interesting to me, though, what you can do with a 1/72, if you aren’t in too much of a hurry.  These were done with my work kit at lunches, so 45-60 minutes each.

My elder son, who has been doing some amazing work on 1/72 historical Bronze Age figures lately, asked whether some sort of single figure game was in the plans.  As of now, I am thinking about using the 1/72s to play through some Rangers of Shadowdeep.
    • By Rob Dean
      So, I finished off the elf lady to boss the two saprolings at lunch yesterday, and the red witch today.  I don’t do much greenstuff work; her broom is especially rustic...

The saprolings look more impressive when upscaled; maybe 9 feet in comparison to the 1/72 figures...
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)