Halflings gone bad; Volume Two

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/halflings-gone-bad-volume-two/description

Story

The world of Alberon, as ancient and unknowable as its timeless depths are, has few certainties for those that live in it, but ruin and corruption awaits all but a blessed few.  Halflings are, of course, no exception...

The Western Wastelands beyond Midlam are a harsh unforgiving environment, that breeds a fierceness through necessity for survival alone.  It is thought that the first halflings to enter the Wastelands, did so unwillingly, captured by Hobgoblin Raiders some several hundred years ago.  

It is reported that the Hogoblins thought that their small size would make them useful servants for all manner of tasks, but when the monstrous and unstoppable nature of their appetites became apparent, the halflings were stranded in the middle of the wasteland and left them to die.  

That they didn't is some testament to the hidden reserves and ingenuity of these small folk, but they have not survived unscathed.  Their souls, often forsaken to unknowable gods, have changed as much as their bodies and minds.

As a counterpoint to the Wasteland halflings, those that inhabit the town have found unusual niches, whether that be as criminal masterminds, pirates, anarchists, grave robbers and the somewhat cliched, but ever problematical, burglars.

An Excerpt from 'The Robbit' by The Wizard R.R.R. Gudgrief

Welcome to Halflings Gone Bad - Volume One!

A collection of sixteen 28mm scale halflings from the wrong side of the elven forest tracks, for all of your fantasy miniature games.

Welcome to our second Kickstarter to cover some of the more nefarious occupations and depths that halflings have stooped to.

075152eafc6f38c28a4ac6bfdf73a957_origina
ab3b64438c0aafb7b522abcc658935dd_origina
e8804c8f288aa3a0aaba0754b64f493a_origina
c9099655a3982bc73410be54284a1c2a_origina
1b3c9714e82eeb4471d4601885d5d878_origina
00cbbc7996c5ed06a5796b86a7d825c2_origina
f1c451ea7c8921e081295259766a9942_origina
4229c6c073cca6638ef8cd1291a539bf_origina

The worrying nature of the appearance of wasteland halflings, something seen as a threat to all halfling civilisation, combined with the new depths of depravity of halflings in Midlam has called for a new town council to be convened from amongst the artisans and workers of Halftown.

8e3c38ffd6af26764445f7dd0b163610_origina
Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      "Over 1800 Jungle Themed Terrain Pieces Made for the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game, and Others Like it."

"This Kickstarter marks the release of our two newest books in the Dungeon Craft series "Fallen Kingdom & Jungles of Dread". Both books have nearly 1,000 jungle-themed pieces in them, which allow DMs to build custom interactive maps in a brand new setting. As of this Kickstarter, we will have launched 6 total campaigns, and have brought numerous products to the market. Additionally, we're excited to announce jungle-themed versions of past projects will be brought back for this Kickstarter! This includes the Deck of Stories/ NPC Cards, Dungeon Notes, and new models from our miniature line Counterspell Miniatures. We'll also be unveiling new and exciting products like our jungle DM screen and our Crocodile Jasper D20."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1985games/dungeon-craft-series-three-two-new-terrain-books-for-dandd/description

1985 Games have launched their third Dungeon Craft Kickstarter.  The last two have been fantastic and I absolutely love them.  While I enjoy painting minis, I'm not a fan of building terrain or scatter, especially since it tends to block sight or get knocked over and is a pain to store.  These 2D terrain pieces are a great compromise. I haven't seen anyone else talk about Dungeon Craft on the forums, but I definitely advocate!  If you missed their last two KS there's opportunity to get those as well.  And for the first time they're offering some original minis as Add-Ons.

• By Cranky Dog
      Right on the heels of their last shipped campaign, Midlam Miniatures is back. After several years of halflings, the gnomes are back!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/gnomes-a-class-of-their-own

Also available in different pledge combos, two of the older campaigns:

I already own this one from 2018 (Common - Garden Gnomes):

Royal Court of the Common (Garden) Gnomes (2019):

• By Cranky Dog
      I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.

Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)

What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.

Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
    • By Zloyduh
      Hi All!
      As I've been going through my Bones 5 goodies, I started wondering.  I've never owned such a massive quantity of unpainted miniatures all at the same time.
      What's the best way to store them?  I don't want to throw them all in one big box - I won't ever find anything there when needed.  Assembling anything that is not being worked on at the moment is a bad idea.  So, keeping the unassembled in their little bags then?  Maybe try to categorize them - orcs go here, elves go there?

How do you store your unpainted minis?

Please share!
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description

Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.

I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)