Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

89001: Pathfinder Red (done in blue

Here is the start of pathfinder red, which I’ll be doing as a Sapphire dragon, similar to what i did with the Grenadier Red Dragon II (which I did as  a Ruby dragon) a while ago.

Just base colors here; dark blue/black wash over his entire body, earth wash over the sand, and white statue. I really like how the blue and brown look together. The brown will be lightened up to sand, and the blue will end up a more saturated dark blue. I hope those colors will still look good together...

36268919-8749-4C3B-B6F0-73EF70682EC5.jpeg

F6AE0092-FD29-4971-ADCB-7DB26C38223D.jpeg

Edited by Nightwing
  • Like 14

Looking good so far!

I’ve been looking at getting this mini for a conversion, out of curiosity how big is it compared to a regular 28mm character? 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dan S
      I recently played and really enjoyed Pathfinder: Kingmaker (PC not tabletop), and I've had the urge to paint up some Pathfinder miniatures.  This guy is the Stag Lord (SKU 60073), I figured he would be quite appropriate as the first miniature painted up to be photographed on the ruined keep scenic backdrop I built recently.  I really enjoyed painting this guy (I am weird and enjoy painting skin tones far too much, bare chested models are always a treat).  My only regret is gluing his helmet on before painting his face, those big teeth made it really hard to get a brush inside the helmet at an angle that wasn't awkward, after a massive struggle I gave up trying to dot the eyes.

• By Ooook
      A small group of Goblins to use as opponents in Sellsword & Spellslingers or any other game. 

(clic on the picture to see more on my blog)

• By MusicalFeline
      Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm on a bit of a goblin streak. Those pyros were fun, but now it's the Pathfinder Goblin Warriors!

As I did previously, I took a picture of them out in the backyard, just to see how they'd look in as realistic of an environment as it's gonna get, another in my little "Mini pictures area" (Spoiler: It's literally just my desk with a piece of white paper behind it. Sorry to ruin the magic! ), and lastly one of my favorite goblin. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

Sidenote: I'm still not confident enough to try out eyes. I'll get to that eventually. 

• By HolkDiggity
      The Cleric in my D&D group leveled up and acquired the Spiritual Guardian skill. He needed a model to represent his Guardian. Honaire looks so cool, but he didn't have a shield. I found one in my bits box, and painted the symbol of his chosen Deity, Chauntea. I loved painting this because the simple palette left more room to just relax and enjoy the work.

• By dks
      I don't actually have a "Shelf of Shame" of half-finished miniatures like some painters do, but if I did, this figure could have been on it.
      I sculpted Ulf Gormundr for Reaper's licensed Pathfinder line in late 2012.  Ulf is a character in the "Jade Regent" Adventure Path. 
      Although I have painted almost every one of the figures I've sculpted, I neglected to paint Ulf and a few others, mostly from 2012-2014.  Probably it was because Martin Jones was working as Reaper's staff painter and giving them good paint jobs for the gallery as soon as each figure was released.
      Several years ago, I prepped this metal casting of Ulf but then put it aside.  I removed the moldlines, patched a little pit in the handaxe, clipped away and bent the wolf-pelt leg (which is attached to pommel of the sword in the original casting) to make the overall pose a little more dynamic, and twisted his sword slightly out-of-plane for the same reason.

Despite the sheltering-in-place over the past eight weeks, I haven't painted or sculpted much (er... anything).  My painting area had gotten even dustier than usual.  I resolved to paint something this week.
      I poked around my painting area, found the prepped-but-unpainted Ulf, and spent a few late-night sessions painting him.
      The color scheme is the "official" one -- from the portrait by Wayne Reynolds on the cover of Adventure Path #51, plus the shield design by another artist in the interior of AP #50 (I don't know who, but there are several artists listed in the credits and I could rule out a few; does anyone out there know?). 
      The figure has some complicated layering of clothing and armor and gear (but I actually simplified Wayne Reynolds's design a bit for the miniature).  I made it even more fiddly with freehand textures.

For the base, I glued the figure to a plastic base, sculpted a layer of putty over the top (including his last footprint behind him), painted it blue and white to look like snow, and glued on a "Winter Tuft" grass product.  I cut the smallest tuft into 3 sub-tufts because I didn't want to hide his legs behind a big clump of grass, especially in the front view.

Enjoy!

Derek

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)