spitfire23bc

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all! :D

6 hours ago, TheUncannyAK said:

The drool is super gross and I love it. What did you use to create that effect?

Invisible thread and Vallejo Water Texture. Either superglue the thread on (gel works better than the thin stuff), or stick it in a blob of the Water Texture (dries slower than superglue). Then once it's secure at both ends, run some Water Texture along the thread. Once you've got a blob or two on there it can be smoothed out with a damp brush. Once it's on there you can even sculpt it to a degree - that's how I did some of the smaller strands. And for the larger blobs hanging down, I built it up over two or three layers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, the tribe is still growing. Here's 77349, Goblin Shaman with spider familiar sculpted by Ben Siens.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here's 77444, Goblin warrior with spear sculpted by Bobby Jackson. Since these goblins are sold with duplicates, I will convert the others by swapping their weapons. I will also paint the goblin command, shaman and leader.

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,

Here is a Dwarf Butcher 77460 that I painted up a couple months ago. 

Thank you for looking.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, the madness continues. Here's the 77445, Goblin skirmisher with shortbow sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Kangaroorex
      First diorama I've done since I've been I was ill this winter.  Although I have been doing a lot of reminiscing and wishing, which is what this piece is about.  I have at least one  of all the Burrows & Badgers range from Oathsworn and one of the parts I like is thst ao many or their miniatures can be used for non-dnd or domestic scenes.

I also finally found a use for the stable piece from the Reaper nativity scene.  I built an actual stable for that sp I had thst bit left over and it worked pretty well here.

I could explain it but I'm hoping the piece speaks for itself.  Hope you.all enjoy

I find tje affect the best when staring through the portal...