Weird West: Stonehaven Automaton, Iron Golem (77514)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, all! 

11 hours ago, Warlady said:

They are great!  It's always fun to see what you come up with next!  These remind me of the old Wild Wild West TV show.  ;-)

Then I have succeeded! High praise.

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

What can I say, I love it!

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

Totally love the looks you've achieved.  I'm going to have to rethink how I paint mine now. 

I appreciate it! Love doing rust effects, and if possible I'll have a shiny version and a grungy version of each. 

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Love this, the dapper hats on those automatons are a great touch!

I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the law with that Marshall in town!

The hats really are doing a lot of the lifting for the flavor, aren't they? I like Rustbucket's literal stovepipe the best.
And the Marshall packs quite a punch! Bludgeoning and fire damage, in heaping amounts. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• By Rigel
      Lots of pics here, a story's worth. Turnaround pics in spoiler areas.

You should imagine Ennio Morricone playing the soundtrack, slow-paced to start with. Diegetic horse noises, hooves plodding. Scraping, dragging sound. 

A glow of a cigarillo and a long inhale as we slowly zoom in on the horse's master.

The smoke exhales out of his nostrils, and the camera pans down to show it jetting from multiple holes in the Revenant's torso as well.

The rendezvous at hand, the Revenant knocks on the coffin once or twice. It is the only sound besides the horse breathing. 

Panning the camera around to the other side of the tree we see a couple boys from the Red Hand posse.

"Two against one, fella. You might be too stubborn to die, but you ain't gotten any better at counting."
      He retreats. Hoofbeats recede behind the mesa.

(music gets tenser, speeds up)

"Boss! Good to have you back."
      "Thought we'd lost you! Now let's get back to San Cascarion and drain those vatos dry!"
      "<untranslatable screech>"

Other, different hoofbeats make the Red Hand thugs stop celebrating. They look around,

This, they did not expect.

(Morricone music just goes bananas here)

[fight choreography ensues, guns shot and whipped out of undead hands, etc,]

Camera zooms in on the Revenant again holding a cigarillo to withered lips. He holds up first one cracked and flaking finger, then another, then a third and finally a fourth. The barest hint of a smile crinkles his mummified cheek. Counts just fine. Roll credits. 
      Ooowee these were fun to do! The Revenant, an undead Man with No Name, is from Artizan, as are Brothers Thomas and Martin and Fra Benedict, the Holy Inquisitors 3-pack. I used a pin vise to drill a few extra holes in the Revenant. 

The bad hombres in red and the Nosferatu are from Dracula's America, the Red Hand coven 3-pack. 

Horses are from Nolzur's Adventurer's Campsite. They've been on my Shelf of Shame for too long. 

The Coffin and Skeleton are Reaper, 77633. The Tree of Despair and the signpost from Western Sophie make an appearance as well. 

Here's Part 1, from a WHILE back. 

Hope you enjoy!

• By Iridil
      Painted

this back in February for the tabletop - used some colorshift paint for Greenstuff to add a little interest - not totally pleased with the eye glow, but it was time to move on.

• By Kangaroorex
      When Stonehaven started doing their kickstarters, they usually released their version of a troll or two with each one.  Since I liked the variety of elves, dwarves, and other smallfolk in the kickstarters i tended to get the completionist so i found myself with a bunch of these, even though resin is not my favorite medium to work with.  I did a few and the rest sat... until i needed giants for my Runelord campaign.  I needed hill giants and i dont like hill giants as depicted by the typical miniatures for them, but the trolls were cute and they fit the size i was looking for and the legend that hill giants have tails was born.  

Anyway, here are the latest 2, it brings my total now to 5 hill giant/trolls and one broccoli Ent.  the party has faced 3 of them previously and it was a mixed success:  they won, but they went looking for a place to heal and rest immediately afterwards!  (come to think of it, Stonehaven makes up a rather large part of the party, the Kobold ninja, the grippli paladin, the half-orc barbarian and the dwarven cleric are also Stonehaven sculpts)

anyway for your viewing pleasure:

• By Lidless Eye
      In my first set of finished miniatures in 2021, a selection of heroes from Stonehaven Adventurers 2020 Kickstarter.  They were primed at the end of 2020 after a end of year arrival, but painted over the last month or so.

The whole of my finished ones:

The Orcs:

My favorite of the set.  They showed her as concept art on Instagram about 3 projects ago, I'm glad to see her in physical form finally.

The Goblins:

I got a very Nott the Brave vibe from this one:

A Kobold with some fancy gear:

Some live some day in the way of the froggy guys:

Tieflings:

A Dragonborn Wizard:

Some live some die in the way of this Hobgoblin Guy...wait I used that one already?  Darn.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)