Sign in to follow this  
SparrowMarie

Sparrow builds A Boat

cool!  All of mine are lasercut wood and insulation or actual plank on bulkhead construction.  what are you using to print the cardstock?  Note here, my color laser jet by Samsung is not the right answer!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

cool!  All of mine are lasercut wood and insulation or actual plank on bulkhead construction.  what are you using to print the cardstock?  Note here, my color laser jet by Samsung is not the right answer!

Just a Canon Inkjet something something.

• Like 4

Wow that's a huge ship.

Good luck, card models aren't always easy, and this looks like a challenge!

• Like 3

That looks amazing and not a little bit intimidating at all! :blink:

I have every confidence that you'll do it justice and I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

So my Husband needs a boat for his 4E campaign. It unfortunately cannot wait until Bones 5 delivers so I bought a paper craft boat from World Works Games. It's called The Maiden. It's HUGE. Photo from the website in spoiler. In the photo you can see a few minis placed on it for scale. 

Hide contents

mohs.jpg

Like I said HUGE. I've done some other paper craft boats before but nothing like this. I'll be using foamcore for the base of the decks but the rest of it is card stock, transparency paper, and Uhu glue(the glue stick not the liquid-y stuff). I'm not yet sure which figurehead and props I will be using. I may just make them all and let Husband decide what he wants/needs after that.

Thankfully, this thing comes with pretty detailed instructions so it shouldn't be...not sure hard is the word I want but it's the one I'm going to use. So it shouldn't be hard, it's just up to my skill to cut, glue, and (most importantly) follow directions. It will take lots of time though I am sure of that. 

I've always liked this ship. I was so glad I made a conscious effort to buy/download the files* before they went under. Would you mind sharing the instructions? Apparently I've misplaced that file. (3 computers later. I really should just put the entire file on one of my cloud sharing sites).

Thanks & good luck with this one!!

*Which reminds me I need to download the stl files from Bombshell!!

• Like 7

Wow!  Now that's a boat!  :winkthumbs:

Good luck with the build.  I've yet to try real paper-craft other than couple very simple GW ones from old White Dwarf magazines so very curious to see how this turns out.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I've always liked this ship. I was so glad I made a conscious effort to buy/download the files* before they went under. Would you mind sharing the instructions? Apparently I've misplaced that file. (3 computers later. I really should just put the entire file on one of my cloud sharing sites).

Thanks & good luck with this one!!

*Which reminds me I need to download the stl files from Bombshell!!

Yes! PM me your email address and I will email you the instructions PDFs.

• Like 5

So far not much work has been done. I cut out a few of the deck pieces and printed transparencies. The ink has not dried on it so I'm thinking I will have to print them on card stock and then trace with a sharpie onto the transparency sheet.

• Like 4

On 1/28/2020 at 11:43 AM, haldir said:

They went under? I know they haven't released anything new lately, but I just logged into my account there and everything works fine. Even started a download to make sure it would go and all went well. You should still have access to anything you've purchased in the past.

• Like 4

On 1/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, ManvsMini said:

They went under? I know they haven't released anything new lately, but I just logged into my account there and everything works fine. Even started a download to make sure it would go and all went well. You should still have access to anything you've purchased in the past.

That is what I have heard. As far as I can tell everything like that works fine. Haven't run into any trouble with anything yet.

• Like 4

Might need to totally redo that middle section. Might have figured out why the transparency didn't dry. If so I need to reprint and cut things out that I didn't previously that I needed to.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 1