Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

02789, Talarand the Blackguard

OUTSTANDING! That is one evil looking Dude. Your brushwork AND color choices are WONDERFUL...I love the shield. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous! From the NMM, to the highlighting on the shield, to the rich velvet look of the cloak - just wow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Extremely well done. Great and convincing NMM. Love the shield and the red glimmer on his sword. I read it as a reflection of his cloak? Talking about the latter: beautifully done,  smooth transitions and not too yellow. 

I think the only thing that could be improved on is the basing. It seems a bit bland in comparison to the miniature. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your appreciation everyone and thanks for your comments.

There are runes carved on the blade. I painted them as is they were burning hot, radiating the heat coming from the within the sword.

As for the base, I went with simple mud... I'm glad you like what I did. I'm now working on a Chainmail hobgoblin fighter.

Edited by Metalchaos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Sir Shelly from Knightmare Games. Sometimes the path of Chaos offers great power, and sometimes you end up needing to stay constantly moist or you die.

Really enjoyed painting this one, he's just so weird looking!
      Still can't paint gems though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Angry Joe, the last of my Survivors from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death. He believes the best defence against monsters is to wear a suit made of their skin.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, Gorm armour is my favourite set despite all the little details, now I just need to paint the Gigalion itself.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly recieved.
    • By lazarp
      So this is me trying to paint non-metallic metal for the first time. The mini is one of the dwarves from thehnolog's castlecraft line. Since it is my first, I'm pretty happy with the result. I hope I'll get better at this over time. All comments and suggestions regarding NMM are welcome. Thanks for looking! 

• By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By aku-chan
      "Umm... Guys, I think I've found our missing team members."

Presenting the Cleric, part of the second Echoes of Death set from Kingdom Death, not sure why she has such a gruesome base insert, none of the others came with one.

Disappointingly, she looks pretty terrible in the piccys. Honestly, apart from her decidedly wonky eyes, I thought I'd done a fairly good job.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)