Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

02789, Talarand the Blackguard

OUTSTANDING! That is one evil looking Dude. Your brushwork AND color choices are WONDERFUL...I love the shield. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Extremely well done. Great and convincing NMM. Love the shield and the red glimmer on his sword. I read it as a reflection of his cloak? Talking about the latter: beautifully done,  smooth transitions and not too yellow. 

I think the only thing that could be improved on is the basing. It seems a bit bland in comparison to the miniature. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your appreciation everyone and thanks for your comments.

There are runes carved on the blade. I painted them as is they were burning hot, radiating the heat coming from the within the sword.

As for the base, I went with simple mud... I'm glad you like what I did. I'm now working on a Chainmail hobgoblin fighter.

Edited by Metalchaos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By aku-chan
      "Umm... Guys, I think I've found our missing team members."

Presenting the Cleric, part of the second Echoes of Death set from Kingdom Death, not sure why she has such a gruesome base insert, none of the others came with one.

Disappointingly, she looks pretty terrible in the piccys. Honestly, apart from her decidedly wonky eyes, I thought I'd done a fairly good job.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another 77236, Bloodmane Gnoll Warrior. The original version this time. This model was sculpted by Tre Manor.

77236, Bloodmane the Gnoll Warrior and his friend 77234 Boneflail the Gnoll Cleric.

• By Metalchaos
      In pursuit of my goal, here is another Gnoll that I finished painting last night. This 77234, Boneflail female Gnoll Cleric was sculpted by Tre Manor.
      In spite of their devotion to Yeenoghu, few Gnolls have any interest in ritual and there is few clerics or shamans to be found among the savage packs. Gnolls would sometimes summon demons to fight alongside them.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)