Snitchies Terrain Emporium Update 09 April

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I figure that it will be easier from now on to post all of my terrain projects in one place so here it is.  The first post is just the complete modular system again with a game of 7tv.  

Some standing stones this week. Foam textured with a rock and some rolled up tin foil.  Hope you like.

Some Funnel Spiders nests.  Simple bases with a technique from abarothsworld for the webs.  I will use these as spawning points. 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:55 PM, Glitterwolf said:

To create a camp?

• Campfire
  • Bedrolls
  • Horses
  • Dog

Thanks for the comps.  I have a campfire but could not find it until after I took the photos.  I am going to build another that will fit in better though with seating and a woodpile.  Horses are already on the agenda and I think I am going to go with Eureka Minis becasue they have some without bridles or saddles.  Bedrolls are unnecessary but I am thinking that I may build a tent to go with the encampment.  Any other suggestions?

• Like 3
8 hours ago, snitchythedog said:

Thanks for the comps.  I have a campfire but could not find it until after I took the photos.  I am going to build another that will fit in better though with seating and a woodpile.  Horses are already on the agenda and I think I am going to go with Eureka Minis becasue they have some without bridles or saddles.  Bedrolls are unnecessary but I am thinking that I may build a tent to go with the encampment.  Any other suggestions?

If you have a Dollar Tree near you, their "western" set of toys has some pretty useful pieces for a camp with things like a cooking tripod that's rather easy to paint up. It would also add another easy campfire if you could use one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Some bits and pieces for a large project so I am posting as I finish.  First is the homage to the AD&D players hand book from Otherworld Miniatures.

IMG_1980.jpg

I am particularly happy with the coals as I have never painted fire well.

IMG_1982.jpg

Next are two Braisers from Midlam they have naughty bits.

Spoiler

IMG_1983.jpg

There will be other small elements to do throughout the build. 

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 12
  • snitchythedog changed the title to Snitchies Terrain Emporium Update 27 Mar
6 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Just got done checking out your blog. I noticed the really neat homemade vapour snakes. Please tell me how you made them.

I sculpted three snakes out of sculpy and baked them hard.  Once done I made a two sided press mould out of instamould.  Then I used two part epoxy resin from the diy store to cast the snakes.  Instamould looses its definition after two casts due to the heat generated by the resin so if you want more you will have to reuse the instamould to make new moulds. 

Thanks for looking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Had to start building some place to put my statue.  That means another temple.  I was unable to start on the ground floor as I was waiting for parts to arrive in the mail.  Built out of foamex with details in the form of Hirst Arts Moulding, 10mm Orcs from Coppelstone casting and some jewellery bits. 

IMG_1977.jpg

The temple level with the statue in place.

IMG_2003.jpg

A scale picture with some of my Frostgrave warband. 

IMG_2005.jpg

More pictures on my blog. 

Hope you like

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 8
  • snitchythedog changed the title to Snitchies Terrain Emporium Update 09 April