Sign in to follow this  
snitchythedog

Snitchies terrain emporium Updated 16 Feb 20

Sorry folks.  Spent yesterday working.  We have some travellers that are encamped just outside of where my daughter has her horse and we had to get ready for this storm.  Had to move anything not nailed down from the horse and lock down all of the stuff in the garden. 

The base is the new primus 32mm size.  I picked the figure since the scale is relatively common even for folks who do not play. 

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

I like what is coming together on the Alpha. You got me thinking though, we need a Scifi figure from Reaper like Sir Forscale. Do you think one of the IMEF troopers would work?

I am sure one would work.  Problem is availability.  Once out of the US your shopping options for reaper minis drops to almost nil. 

15 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

How tall is Captain Obvious?

Both including the base and excluding the base?

In millimeters if you can, please?

I don't own any Primaris Marines (I think he's a Primaris) so I don't really know how big he is.

Thanks!!!

I did not include these in the first post. 

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

Hope that helps. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Did you use the clips, magnets or just glue the sections together?

It is a clip system since the interior and exterior has many options that can be used.  In this case I will be using the clips and gluing them in place.  The modular aspect is nice but I am not sure how the paint job will survive.  Of you google 2nd dynasty starship 3 Kickstarter all of the options are shown. 

Edited by snitchythedog

Oh yeah, I have both Starship 3 and 4 KS. That is why I am so interested. Can't wait to see how the Hammerhead Beta will turn out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:38 AM, Corsair said:

Can't wait to see how the Hammerhead Beta will turn out.

It is an interesting design and I have been looking at the Beta design.  My only complaint about most of his stuff is that everything is a dead end.  Most ship designs have only one entrance or exit.  Limits play.   There are some options to add other doors/hatches but not that many. 

Quick update. 

The bottom half is pretty much done.  Still some small touch ups but pretty much done on the basic paint. 

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

• Like 4

This was going to be posted tomorrow but I managed the time to spray and paint today.  Top base coat and masking done. 

IMG_1306.jpg

That is a car hair.  :lol:

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 5

I have been working on the interior.  Decided to go outside of my normal colour pallet.  These are not finished pieces so touch ups and other weathering is on the way. 

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

I also took a photo of the design on one of the tails.

IMG_1314.jpg

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 6

Finished the interior and exterior paint and decals.  Next step is chipping the paint, oils and powders.  I also have to sand the canopy again with the 2500 grit and paint with Pledge Multi Surface Polish.  For the folks in the States think the old scale modellers trick using Future Floor Polish to make plastics and resin clear again after sanding.

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 8