Snitchies Terrain Emporium Updated 17 July

I have hit a bit of a block on the tower so I started another fairly quick project. 

I have built a giblet.  To make the cage I made three rings of stencil paper.  Two of them were capped with disks of the same.  The bars were made with straight pins.  I built the cage with a gap so that a doorway could be built.  A door was framed and more pins were used to make the bars.  The whole cage was topped with a ring and a lock was added to the door.  A skeleton was built and dressed in glue soaked toilet paper. 

IMG_1442.jpg

I envisioned frame with a weighted box to raise and lower the giblet.  The frame was built using foamex cut to shape and textured with a saw. The frame was detailed with stencil paper and bolts were added for detail.

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

• Like 11
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A murder of crows are added to my forest terrain.  Crows are two packs of tabletop art ravens.  Unfortunatly they are tiny as I was planning on doing them as a flock of Jackdaws.  Tree was scratch built.

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

It was just another project to stop me from finishing my astronomy tower. 

• Like 17

Nice!  I love gnarled twisty fantasy trees for tabletop terrain!  Mostly, I've just got a bunch of "Woodland Scenics" plastic trees, with or without flocking, but those are thin and not particularly "fantastic."  These trees, however, really strike me as the sort of thing I'd expect yonder DARK FANTASY FOREST to be full of.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Nice!  I love gnarled twisty fantasy trees for tabletop terrain!  Mostly, I've just got a bunch of "Woodland Scenics" plastic trees, with or without flocking, but those are thin and not particularly "fantastic."  These trees, however, really strike me as the sort of thing I'd expect yonder DARK FANTASY FOREST to be full of.  :)

Thanks for the comps.  The dark fantasy setting comment is interesting as this is what lots of the old trees look like over here. 

Every year or two I build some more bits for my forest.  Most of them are pretty bog standard.  Here is the last couple of batches that I did. 

Fairy Circle 2019

IMG_1173.jpg

Tree of Despair 2019

IMG_0663.jpg

"Oak" style 2018

IMG_3468.jpg

"Pine and Birch" style 2017

DSC06421.jpg

In this case I had an idea squirrelling around after seeing a flock of Jackdaws squabbling in a local tree.  I figured it would be a nice addition to the wood.  Looking at what I have I probably add some fallen logs next year.  I also need to do some more Pines at some point but they can be a bit of a pain compared to regular trees. 

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 19